We are in tragic times, my friends. Harry Styles’ Love on Tour 2021 has come to an end.
Yes, I’m crying.
But alas, there’s no use mourning what has passed. Instead, let’s take a stroll down memory lane and hope that it produces enough serotonin to get us through Harry’s inevitable post-tour hibernation.
My favorite parts:
- When I tell you that I literally cancelled plans for the opening night of Love on Tour just to watch livestreams and repost Harry in that glittery pink vest with matching hot pink trousers and NO SHIRT…well that’s exactly what I mean. I was glued to Twitter, Instagram, and Tiktok. I felt like I was really there, in the watermelon pit, almost close enough to touch him. But really I was in my living room, eating pizza bagels.
- I live in Minnesota, but I was unable to go to the St. Paul show due to being a responsible college student (I had an exam the next morning). HOWEVER, the OUTFIT was so classically beautiful. Light blue pinstriped shirt with ruby-red slacks and matching suspenders. Are you kidding me? Harry Lambert (his stylist) and Gucci (the designer for the tour) really went off here.
- Harry has always been incredibly supportive of all of his LGBTQIA+ fans and otherwise, so seeing him proudly wave the bisexual flag, rainbow flag, and trans flags on stage was really encouraging! Harry also waved many Black Lives Matter flags and has always been supportive of their movement. What an intersectional King who’s always Treating People With Kindness!
- The music. OH THE MUSIC. Harry sang almost every song in his discography as a solo artist, plus One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful,” the classic “Somewhere Over The Rainbow,” an unreleased track called “Medicine,” and “Toxic” by Britney Spears. Within each song, too, he varied a bit from the originals, adding note changes and new harmonies that made watching him sing a lot more entertaining. Wow, I love his voice.
- Harry’s band was a little bit different than it was on the last tour, as he added Pauli, Elin, and Niji to the group. Sarah, Mitch, and Ny Oh went on tour with Harry in 2017 following the release of his self-titled first solo album. The energy that the new members brought to the stage was INSANE!
- It would be a crime not to mention the fans’ outfits! People were inspired by Harry’s fashion sense, his both masculine and feminine styles, and his music videos and photoshoots. Pearl necklaces, long colorful pleated pants, boas, bright suits, and heeled boots were the main trends of Love on Tour fans!
There was so much to love about this tour. Getting to see Harry perform and dance and interact with fans on stage really did make me super happy. There are countless Tiktoks yet to watch and thousands of Instagram posts to scroll through of Harry living his best life, doing what he loves most. It really does feel like the end of the Fine Line era, but now that it’s over maybe I can start going to therapy after losing some sanity over the avalanche of content we just got. (Harry goes to therapy, so should we!)
Harry said it best: “This tour felt like the celebration of coming back together. I won’t ever forget it. Thank you all so much for the love, I’ll see you very soon. Treat people with kindness. Goodbye for now. I love you all. H.”