We’ve all heard it before: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But I don’t think I’m alone in saying I scream, you scream / we all scream for ice cream… to be an acceptable breakfast food.
Well, have no fear, because Feb. 1 is the day we can indulge for breakfast! Here’s a list of 10 ice cream flavors (from two of my personal favorite ice cream brands) that I think could satisfy a sweet tooth’s breakfast palate.
- Blueberry Crumble: I’m definitely a fan of blueberry pancakes, but that feels inferior if you could trade a pancake griddle for a pint of fun and fruity ice cream! Plus, there’s 20g of protein in the pint and chunks of pie filling. Talk about a start to a great day.
- Peaches and Cream: Yogurt parfaits are one of my favorite ways to get some good fruit and dairy intake in the mornings. This treat provides that opportunity with a sweeter payoff at the bottom of a pint.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly: Screw the PB&J toast! Instead, toast the dawn of a new day with this ice cream confection that’s reminiscent of all those breakfast (and lunch) sammies.
- Caramel Macchiato: Look, if your morning is already going to start with a sugary, caffeine beverage, then what’s the harm in making it a solid sweet? You’ll be equal parts buzzed from sugar and the good ‘ol cup-of-joe energy jolt.
- Oatmeal Cookie: Oatmeal, to me, is by far the least appealing breakfast item. But when it’s baked in a cookie and then folded perfectly into ice cream? There’s no chance I’d wake up on the wrong side of the bed if I had this waiting in the freezer.
Ben and Jerry’s
- Brewed to Matter: Much like the caramel macchiato flavor from Halo Top, this treat is a coffee ice cream with brownie batter and a chocolate swirl. Oh, fudge!
- Chunky Monkey: Banana is such a staple flavor for me in breakfast, so this selection makes me feel like going apesh*t! There’s also a healthy dose of protein from the walnuts, so #health.
- Cherry Garcia: Cherry is not a flavor I gravitate toward in the morning, but if you’re thinking of fruity breakfast food, this one ~cherry~ might as well hit the spot.
- Cinnamon Buns: I’ll be honest. I don’t see much of a difference in calories between an actual cinnamon bun and this ice cream, so you really can’t go wrong!
- Vanilla: Classic. Can’t go wrong. Put a dollop of this in your coffee for a caffeine-y float or treat it like vanilla yogurt. There’s something so versatile about this that I don’t hesitate to call it my flavor-ite!
I hope you enjoyed reading the scoop about this sweet day. If your sweet tooth knows no bounds like me and must have it incorporated into a breakfast menu, join me in buying a pint on Feb. 1!
GIFs provided by Giphy.com