Hats Off To Graduation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Graduation time is upon us. Just four years ago we stepped onto campus and made it our home. The years flew by and now it’s time to walk across that stage and receive a piece of paper that summarizes all of the countless hours of work we put in.  On this special day, some graduates choose to participate in a common tradition. Decorating your own Graduation cap is your last chance to stand out among your peers. Don’t just settle for a boring black cap, but put your creative skills to use one last time before leaving the grounds of Winona State University. Below are some ideas to get you started.

1. Elegance is Key

Simple, but adorable. If you are looking for an elegant way to design your cap, this is the way to go. Take some jewels, a letter and put it all together!

2. Inspirational

You can never go wrong with an inspirational quote. Maybe it’s a saying that you’ve had up on your wall or a motto that you have tried to live by.

3. Artistic

If you have any artistic ability, this one is for you. The flower design is simply stunning and would look amazing drawn on any Graduation cap.

4. The Funny One

There should always be that one cap in the crowd that gives everyone a good laugh. The funnier the better.

5. Last Resort

When all else fails…

Deciding what to put on your cap may be tricky, but just remember to make it unique. You might only get one chance to walk across the stage and graduate college, so make it memorable.

My name is Sarah Murray. I am a senior at Winona State University. I'm majoring in Mass Communications and minoring in Communication Studies. My free time is usually spent outdoors and with friends and family. I'm a die hard Minnesota sports fan, and love to stay active playing different sports as well. My favorite color is turquoise, and I love rainy days and movies. One word I would use to describe myself would be creative. I love writing for Her Campus and can't wait to see what the rest of the year will look like!
Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.