This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Happy National Soft Pretzel Month! In my mind, April is typically marked by the celebration of Easter and Starburst Jelly Beans rather than soft pretzels. I’ve never heard of this before now, but I am certainly not opposed to it. I’m not entirely sure how it’s supposed to be celebrated and it’s not clear how this national recognition came to be, but I’m not complaining about it. Soft pretzels are such a classic ‘mid-day-at-the-mall’ food. A little Auntie Anne’s stop is necessary so you can refuel and get back out there. It’s such a versatile snack; you can’t deny that it satisfies any craving, sweet or salty.

These are, in my opinion, the best ways you can go with pretzels.

Pretzel Dogs.

Say what you want about hot dogs, but you’re lying to yourself if you don’t think these are simply fantastic.

Mini Pretzel Bites.

These are good for sharing, and truthfully, you get a lot more pretzel than if you were to get a full one – plus it’s easier to dip.

Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel.

With cream cheese frosting to dip it in? No explanation needed.

Garlic/Parmesan Pretzel.

Probably the right choice if you’re looking to satisfy a savory craving.

Pretzel Bun.

Okay, you can’t necessarily get these at a pretzel bakery, but have you ever had a sandwich or burger on one of these? It’s a game changer.

So if you’re a big Auntie Anne’s fan, or just looking for another reason to celebrate the month of April, go treat yourself to a soft pretzel, or better yet, a pretzel dog.

Pictures

12

Alexa Jo is a senior at Winona State studying Psychology and Communication Studies. She enjoys learning new skills, getting outside, upcycling clothes, and hanging out with the people she loves. She likes to write stories that are real, raw, and have just a touch of humor. She writes because she believes she has a lot to say, and wants to talk about the things others are scared to talk about. She uses her writing to share her experiences and uplift others. She hopes to one day work for a non profit in campaigns for social change.
I love exploring the outdoors, writing, whales, and have a major sweet tooth for cheesecake! Volleyball and hockey are my favorite sports to play and watch. When it comes to writing, I love it. I truly enjoy being able to write articles and stories about topics people would enjoy reading.