Guydance: Valentine’s Day Gifts For Your Man

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Dear Guydance,

What is the best gift a girl can give a guy for Valentine’s Day?!

Sincerely,Anonymous.

Dear Anonymous,

Valentine’s Day has been putting pressure on many couples to buy the perfect gift for their special someone, pressure to find the perfect balance between sentimental and something that sparkles. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, men are simple creatures. Shopping for a man doesn’t need to be like solving the Da Vinci Code. Below are some gift ideas that any beer-swilling, sports-watching, red-blooded male would love to get from his sweetheart.

1. Favorite sport’s team jerseyEven guys who aren’t avid sports watchers can probably pinpoint a team that they will always favor. Jerseys are a great gift simply because they’re versatile. They can be worn at a sporting event, to a bar, casual Fridays, game day, non-game days, and a shirt for you to sleep in while spending the night at your fella’s. Plus, they’ll never go out of style, in twenty years it will be considered vintage.

2. 6-pack of favorite beerNeed I say more? In the off chance that I do, I’ll elaborate. Guys love beer.

3. Any Quentin Tarantino filmI recognize the boldness of this statement, but I believe it would be challenging to find a guy who doesn’t appreciate at least one film on Tarantino’s filmography. From Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, or either Kill Bill volumes, to Inglourious Basterds or Django Unchained, Tarantino uses non-linear storylines, with satirical subject matter that combines comic strip formulas and live action film sequences to concoct a stew of brilliant film making.

4. Drink tokens at his favorite barThis gift may be a bit unconventional, but will be appreciated nonetheless. Guys seem to cling to the idea of non-material gifts, such as a night where we can go to the bars and join our pals in the drunken comradery.

5. Not jewelryThough some men may enjoy flashy jewelry, most male jewelry choices are backed by a deeper meaning, i.e. his grandfather’s dog tags or a necklace. So proceed with caution when buying jewelry for your boyfriend.

Sincerely,Christian Bartz

Miranda is currently a Winona State University senior studying mass communication with an emphasis in advertising and is also pursing a graphic design degree. In addition to being Winona State’s Campus Correspondent, she is also the president of WSU’s Advertising Federation club. When she’s not busy binge watching One Tree Hill for the umpteenth time, you can find her working on her longboards, which she creates from scratch. She is a Diet Coke addict and indie music enthusiast filled with passion and imagination. She plans to get out of chilly Minnesota to find internship opportunities after graduation.