Life > Experiences

Gifs That Sum Up What Goes On In Every Girls’ Group Message

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Have you ever sat in a room with a ton of girls who all start to laugh uncontrollably as they type away on their phones? They’re probably in a group message. You may wonder, “What the heck are they talking about?” And though you will never know exactly what’s being said in girls’ group messages, here’s an idea of some things that happen quite frequently.

When someone sends the draft of an important text (ex. during a heated fight, responding to a cutie, etc…) so everyone can proofread, edit, and give it the stamp of approval before it’s ready to be sent to the real person

When one friend tries to cancel plans to be with their significant other instead

When the friend group is taking pictures

Everyone getting fired up when anyone tries to mess with someone in their girl gang

When one friend is on some games, and you know she knows it

When someone messages “OHh MY GoD I need to tell you about it”….. Spill the tea, sis!

Me hyping up my best friend to everyone we meet for everything she says and does

When someone starts roasting you in the GM, and it turns into an all out war

When one friend is looking extra cute one day, and all the friends gotta hype them up

When we find weekend plans that work with everyone schedules, and we finally all get to be together

When one friend eavesdrops a little too far past their business and can’t keep it to themselves

Now, while you still may want to know a little more about the secrets a girls’ group message holds, especially the specifics, these things are pretty much bound to happen in every friend group. At least every friend group I’ve ever been in ;)

Alexa Jo is a senior at Winona State studying Psychology and Communication Studies. She enjoys learning new skills, getting outside, upcycling clothes, and hanging out with the people she loves. She likes to write stories that are real, raw, and have just a touch of humor. She writes because she believes she has a lot to say, and wants to talk about the things others are scared to talk about. She uses her writing to share her experiences and uplift others. She hopes to one day work for a non profit in campaigns for social change.