This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

The start of October brings the fall-like weather, and Halloween is not that far behind. Halloween is a great way to get in the decorating mood for the upcoming holiday season!

Here are some DIY Halloween decorations that are perfect for a dorm room.

1. Mason Jar Mummy Luminaries

This simple craft makes it possible to have a candle-esque dorm room. The best part? You can get most, or possibly all of the supplies at the Dollar Store!

Supplies needed:

2. Painted Pumpkins

Carving a pumpkin is fun, but it can get messy fast (not to mention that you probably don’t want the pumpkin “goop” all over your dorm room floor). Painting pumpkins allows you to make designs that you may not be able to create if you carve a pumpkin. You could even paint mini pumpkins!

(photo credit: https://homebnc.com/best-no-carve-pumpkin-decorating-ideas/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=no-carve-pumpkin )

3. Washi Tape Spider Web

A super simple way to add a touch of Halloween to your room.

Optional: add some fake spiders for an extra spooky effect!

Instructions and photo credit: http://www.getcreativejuice.com/2014/10/halloween-decorations-home-tour-quick-and-easy-ideas.html

These crafts are pretty simple to do and relatively cheap to create. Make some (or all) of them to spruce up your room and get into the Halloween spirit!

Meet Linsey Taylor, one of the campus correspondents for the Winona State Her Campus chapter. Linsey is a senior majoring in Therapeutic Recreation with a minor in psychology and hopes to become a child life specialist with her degree. In her free time, Linsey enjoys reading, watching Netflix, and hanging out with friends and family.
Hi I'm Emily and I'm from Appleton, Wisconsin! I'm a Mass Communication- Advertising student, with a minor in Art History at WSU. I like concerts, hockey, cooking, and dancing in the car. I also enjoy guacamole, french fries, and caramel iced coffees from Dunkin' Donuts. All I really want to do is travel the world, move to a big city, and spend my weekends on a lake. IG & Twitter @esheptoski