Coats & Jackets For Cold Weather and A College Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

It’s that time of year again, the weather is getting colder, which means coat and jacket season! Finding the perfect jacket on a college student budget can prove to be difficult. However, Her Campus has got you covered! Here are a few fab finds all for less than 100 dollars; perfect for all stylish students.

The first coat I have selected is from an online boutique called boohoo.com. It is more heavy duty for those cold winter days and is sure to keep you warm. It comes in both olive green and plum, which are both in style this season so you can’t go wrong. The cinched waist adds a more feminine shape and completes the look. Boohoo also offers a 25% discount to students and free shipping on orders over 50$. This coat only costs $60 so I suggest you act fast and get it while it’s still in stock!

The second selection I have made is a jacket from Urban Outfitters. It is lightweight so it may not be great for cold snowy days, but would be an ideal piece for the final days of fall. This jacket comes in both olive green and black. This jacket is versatile so you could really dress it up or down making it worth the $89 that it costs. Urban Outfitters offers free shipping for orders over $50, so if you order online, shipping fees aren’t an issue, this item is also available in stores.

Next up is a parka from Nordstrom. It’s quilted sleeves, furry hood, and cinched waist make it a perfect choice for winter. This coat will keep you not only looking cute but also warm. It’s a win-win. The coat comes in  grey. You can get this beauty for $88 and if you order online, shipping is free!

The next coat, from Nordstrom Rack, is meant to keep you warm on the coldest of days while keeping you looking fabulous. The navy color is classic and the longer length will retain more heat. The belt completes the look by adding the perfect touch of feminism. This coat is originally $288 but is currently on sale for $99.97, so get your hands on this great deal before it ends!

The final coat I have chosen is a burgundy wool coat that is sure to keep you warm while keeping you looking classy and professional. This coat could be worn to virtually any occasion because it can be dressy or more casual. It is up to you! This divine piece comes from H&M and costs $99.

All of these coats will provide you with a perfect mix of style and warmth. With the winter months approaching, these coats are a great place to start on your journey to find the winter coat that best suits you.

Abby is a marketing major from Burlington, Wisconsin. Typical places you can find her include the gym, coffee shops, or in bed watching netflix. She enjoys online shopping (it can be done from bed & there is nothing better than that), Pinterest, Starbucks, going on adventures, reading, and dogs. She also loves to laugh and spend time with friends and family. Her life goals include owning her own business, traveling the world, and having a family.
Meet our writer Courtney D. Jones! Courtney is a junior at Winona State University majoring in Mass Communications- Advertising. She is consistently busy juggling school, working two jobs, and on the recruitment committee for Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, so coffee is a necessity. But not just any coffee, it must be Starbucks Blonde Roast, with a dash of peppermint mocha creamer and a fourth of a packet of sugar. She has a die-hard love for all things beauty and fashion, and dreams of owning everything on her Pinterest boards one day. With her bright and bubbly personality, she loves meeting new people and sharing a good laugh. As a Chicago native, her happy place consists of drinking a cold microbrew with her favorite Giordano’s deep-dish pizza while watching her beloved Bears team.