Backstreet’s Back ALRIGHT!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

We’ve seen our fair share of boy bands throughout the years; the rise and fall of the Jonas Brothers, the birth of Justin Timberlake from N’SYNC, and One Direction is currently taking the world by storm. Every girl loves a hot boy band but one thing is for sure, no group will ever live up to the original pop stars that stole our hearts; the Backstreet Boys.

In case you’ve been living under a rock, we want to make sure you are fully aware that there is a BSB documentary coming out this month. Yes, that’s right, a full length movie about our favorite boy band and the trailer is everything you’ve ever wanted and more!

As one of the most successful boy bands in the world, we were all wondering what happened when they disappeared from the magazine covers and public eye. In the trailer Brian Littrell asks, “What do you do when you’re a full grown man in a boy band?” The documentary will take an inside look at the band all grown up and take you on a walk down memory lane, hand in hand with the first boys who ever swept you off your feet.

The trailer opens with the boys in their glory days when we came to love them; the 90’s. The movie will feature Howie Dorough, Nick Carter, Kevin Richardson, A.J. McLean, and Brian Littrell and will take you into their London album recording, what it’s like making a comeback, and even bittersweet memories of their creator, Lou Pearlman, who stole millions of dollars from our boys in a Ponzi scheme.

The movie is available for pre-order on iTunes and will be released on January 30th. Make sure to plan a girl’s night stocked with wine, munchies, and this playlist of classic BSB songs because Backstreet’s back, ALRIGHT!

Miranda is currently a Winona State University senior studying mass communication with an emphasis in advertising and is also pursing a graphic design degree. In addition to being Winona State’s Campus Correspondent, she is also the president of WSU’s Advertising Federation club. When she’s not busy binge watching One Tree Hill for the umpteenth time, you can find her working on her longboards, which she creates from scratch. She is a Diet Coke addict and indie music enthusiast filled with passion and imagination. She plans to get out of chilly Minnesota to find internship opportunities after graduation.