April Fools Pranks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

One of the best day and worst days is coming sooner than later, April 1st aka April Fools Day. Before you become the prankee, become the pranker. We have researched high and low some of the best pranks you can pull on your roommates, lovers or even your random neighbors. So in the words of V.I.C. & Soulja Boy, ‘get silly’.

Hair Tie

Take a rubber band or a hair pony band and put it around the spray nozzle in the sink. That way whoever turns on the faucet they will get sprayed with water. Just make sure you don’t turn it on yourself!

Saran Wrap

Saran Wrap is not just a great kitchen product when it comes to sealing food items, but it also works great in pranking. There are two different ways of using Saran Wrap without anyone even noticing. The first way is perfect for ladies or gents pranking their boyfriends or roommates. Seal an open toilet with the clear material. The gentleman will go over for a nice morning wake up call when the “main vein is drained” they will also be splattered with urine. (Make sure they clean their mess up after!) Secondly, stick the clear wrap around a doorway and call over the prankee, in hopes of them running over, and watch them smack their face right into the wrap, get caught and fall backwards. Maybe place random pillows around your house just in case.

Cream Cheese Deodorant Stick

Let’s start with making sure the person you are pranking a) is not lactose intolerant and b) actually uses deodorant. While this person is not occupying themselves in their room or bathroom, grab their container of deodorant, spins it until it’s all completely up and you can pull it off, them physically cram cream cheese into the deodorant. Make sure it is plain and not blueberry or a physical color or chunk they are able to see. Warning: Do not eat the cream cheese after.

Pop It Fireworks

Ya know those little pop rock things you throw on the ground around 4th of July or any random time of the year? WELL, take two of those, lift up both lids on the toilet and set them on the edges. Slightly lower the lids, once someone comes to use the restroom, they will sit down and the rocks will pop under their buns.

Creepy Crawlers

Everyone has some type of light in their room. Print out perfectly shaped bugs and cut them out. Tape them to the inside of the light to make it look like they have a few creepy crawlers roaming their rooms. Spiders work best!

Mentos Ice Bombs

For all those diet coke drinkers this one will be perfect. Put mentos into an ice tray, then fill the tray with water. Proceed to offer your friend a nice glass of diet coke, or any other kind of pop, and hand them the ice tray. Proceed to watch your friend drop in the ice cubes and an experiment proceeds.

For more fun pranks, here’s a few subtle ones!

-Tape an air horn behind a door so every time the door opens the horn will go off

-Fill a room with balloons

-Change the language on their Google

-Cup some water in your hand and pretend to sneeze on the back of someone’s head

-Bring multiple changes of clothes to campus or work and change randomly throughout the day pretending nothing is happening

-Fill someone’s hair dryer with baby powder

There are many many more pranks that you can pull on someone, both very easy to pull off or a little more challenging. And may the odds of April Fools day be your favor.

Public Relations student at Winona State University. Dreams of moving down south to work in music and find the cowboy of my dreams! Love dogs more then life.
Meet our writer Courtney D. Jones! Courtney is a junior at Winona State University majoring in Mass Communications- Advertising. She is consistently busy juggling school, working two jobs, and on the recruitment committee for Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, so coffee is a necessity. But not just any coffee, it must be Starbucks Blonde Roast, with a dash of peppermint mocha creamer and a fourth of a packet of sugar. She has a die-hard love for all things beauty and fashion, and dreams of owning everything on her Pinterest boards one day. With her bright and bubbly personality, she loves meeting new people and sharing a good laugh. As a Chicago native, her happy place consists of drinking a cold microbrew with her favorite Giordano’s deep-dish pizza while watching her beloved Bears team.