This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Alison Wonderland is a QUEEN. Okay, that’s kinda all I got. Article over.

SIKE! How could that even begin to sum up all the reasons she is my favorite artist?! Here’s why she’s about to become your favorite, too:

• She keeps it real.

• Her songs are absolute bangers, my favorites being “Cry,” “Awake,” “Church,” “Easy,” and “No”.

• She doesn’t envy other artists for their successes because it’s not a competition to her. She really just likes to make music—and not wear pants.

• When she said, “I just wanna make a grown man cry”…I felt that.

• She preaches self-worth and knowing you deserve better.

• She relays a huge message in each of her songs using little words.

• Her music helps people get through the tough things they feel alone in—whether it be because of depression, anxiety, abuse, being cheated on, etc.

• She puts herself at the same level as her fans—it’s like she doesn’t even know how famous she is.

• She started out as a shy awkward kid who made music in her parents’ basement. Now, she’s headlining at festivals all around the world!

• She wants everyone to feel comfortable in their own skin.

Bottom line, Alison Wonderland is KILLIN’ IT. However, I must say, I did discover this queen through Wonderland’s biggest fan—my sister Tabi; so she did help me write this! I hope you spend some time checking out her music, or my personal favorite platform of hers—her Twitter!

Pictures:

Cover Photo/picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 5

Picture 3, 4, 6, 7

Alexa Jo is a senior at Winona State studying Psychology and Communication Studies. She enjoys learning new skills, getting outside, upcycling clothes, and hanging out with the people she loves. She likes to write stories that are real, raw, and have just a touch of humor. She writes because she believes she has a lot to say, and wants to talk about the things others are scared to talk about. She uses her writing to share her experiences and uplift others. She hopes to one day work for a non profit in campaigns for social change.
| 2018-20 Club President/Campus Correspondent | Hailey Seipel is a senior at Winona State University who is studying Applied & Professional Writing and Journalism. She has been passionate about writing ever since she was little, and a dream of hers is to author poetry, sci-fi and romance novels. Until then, she is interested in working as a creative/blog writer, technical editor or project coordinator after graduating. In her free time, Hailey enjoys listening to music and reading leisurely.