Ain’t Nothin’ But a GOAL Digger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Accomplishing goals big and small is a way that can help your growth, both physically and mentally. Whether you achieve your goals or not you will still be able to say you challenged yourself, created new habits, and tried new things. You can discover your priorities and what really matters to you and your daily life that leads you to results in the future.

But where do you start?

I rounded up some goals I’ve set for myself, as well as a few extras that can help nourish your entire being.

1. Stay offline one day per week. If this sounds impossible for you, try one device at a time. Example: No TV, but phone and computer or no TV or computer, but phone.

2. Meditate. Meditation can be intimidating, but really it can take as little as five minutes of your time. Being able to just sit with nothing to do except breathe can really improve your mood.

3. Read 20 pages a day. We all have that moment when we finish a book and it’s the greatest feeling, so why don’t we do it more often?

4. Get up when your alarm goes off. Challenge yourself not to hit snooze.

5. Drink more water. The benefits to drinking water are endless. Vow to keep a water bottle with you at all times.

6. Go au natural. Try giving your hair a break so it doesn’t break. Try going a week or two without heat styling. You’ll save time in the morning and your hair will appreciate it.

7. De-clutter. Just take the plunge and get it done. Your space will feel more relaxing, and it will be one less thing for you to worry about later…especially when people want to just stop by.

8. Reach out to someone. Making someone’s day is as easy as saying hi. Make it happen.

9. Practice something for 20 minutes. Challenge your brain to a new or old activity. Example: Learning a language or playing piano.

10. Go to bed at a reasonable time. No, it doesn’t make you a grandma. It makes you a priority.

This is Gabriella Ingebrand: Junior at Winona State University majoring in Advertisement. She is a master when it comes to wasting time on Pinterest and making a mess while baking in the kitchen. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Winona, President of Dream Closet Winona, Communication Specialist for AdFed, and Social Media Chair for her sorority. All in all, Gabriella is a free spirit always trying to have a good time.