Abby Martinson ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Name: Abby Martinson

Age: 19

Hometown: Rochester, MN

Major: Nursing

Relationship Status: “In a relationship, but mostly with food”

Involvement on campus: Delta Phi Epsilon sorority

Meet this week’s campus cutie, Abby Martinson! She is an adorable and hilarious sophomore from Rochester, Minnesota and is majoring in Nursing. You’ll find her rock climbing around Winona with a smile on her face and listening to Heroes by David Bowie!

Her Campus (HC): What’s your favorite thing about Winona?

Abby Martinson (AM): I LOVE going rock climbing. My roommates and I try and make it a weekly thing. I might not be very good at it, but hey, at least I’m trying.

HC: What’s your dream job?

AM: Working in the Virgin Islands as a sailing instructor.

HC: Vanilla or Chocolate?

AM: Please, TWIST!

HC: What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?

AM: Basically, anytime someone comments on me looking older than 16. Whenever I say I’m a sophomore people automatically assume I mean in high school. It’s hard living the baby face life.

HC: Describe your perfect date.

AM: Anything adventurous! Enough with the movie and dinner dates! I would love to go snowshoeing, kayaking, hiking, to a concert, basically anything outside!

HC: What’s your spirit emoji?

AM: Definitely the cat emoji. I am basically a cat.

HC: What is something people don’t really know about you?

AM: There is a photo of me on the Internet where my brother kicked me in the face and broke my nose. It’s all over Reddit and has over 1 million views on the TOSH.O website. A lot of people don’t know it’s me though!

HC: Guilty Pleasure?

AM: I secretly am obsessed with James Franco, like marry me already James…

HC: What do you look for in a guy?

AM: Someone with a sense of humor, a little cocky, and willing to try anything once.

HC: Biggest fear?

AM: BATS! We have had bats in our house throughout the semester and I have grown to hate them more than anything.

HC: What’s your favorite song right now?

AM: “Heroes” by David Bowie, all day every day.

HC: Biggest pet peeve?

AM: People who repeatedly ask unnecessary questions during class, there are office hours for a reason, come on man.

HC: Who is your biggest inspiration and why?

AM: Lana Del Ray because she is literally the definition of BAE.

Al Moore is a freshman at Winona State. She is a double major in Mass Communications- Transmedia and Business Management Information Systems. She is a DJ for her campus radio station as well as a student ambassador. Al is a lover of Zumba, Instagram and soft puppies. She is obsessed with all things polka dots and you'll find her in socks 24/7 and always wearing red nail polish. She is one to hashtag everything and doodle on any notebook. #WhatCanISay #ItsAl
Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.