Sweet Chef Carrot Ginger Pore Cleanser and Rescue Blemish Patches Duo
Original photo by Cheyenne Halberg
Wellness

A Gift of Freshness from Sweet Chef

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

From celebrities to middle schoolers, it seems everyone suffers from a breakout every now and then—even me. 

Luckily, I was given a Sweet Chef Carrot Ginger Blemish Rescue Patch box and a Sweet Chef Carrot Ginger + Salicylic Acid Pore Cleanser from Sweet Chef and Her Campus. 

For those of you who are not familiar with Sweet Chef, let me give you a quick introduction. First off, the company is a Korean-based company that is completely vegan and Leaping Bunny certified cruelty-free. This means they do not test their products on animals. Since their products are vegetable based and vitamin rich, it provides much needed nutrients to the skin. Their products do not use microplastics, and the company’s sheet masks were made biodegradable at the end of 2021. Thus, they are eliminating their impact on the environment.

Not only are their products healthy and environmentally-friendly, but their packaging is sustainable too! All packaging cartons are made with responsibly-sourced wood fiber—which is FSC-certified— and are 100% recyclable. All Sweet Chef’s glass jars and bottles are also 100% recyclable.

Since you are introduced to Sweet Chef, let’s dig into some of their new products.

Sweet Chef Carrot Ginger Blemish Rescue Patches

Sweet Chef Carrot Ginger Rescue Blemish Patches
Original photo by Cheyenne Halberg

This box contains a total of 36 Blemish Rescue Patches including 6 large clear patches, 12 medium decorated patches, 9 small clear patches, and 9 extra small clear patches.

This product is quite easy to use. You simply wash your skin, then apply a patch to a breakout-prone area. After 6+ hours of use or an overnight wear, simply take the patches off. Repeat this process until you reach your desired outcome. 

I enjoyed this product for two main reasons. First, it was extremely easy to use. There were only three steps to the process. Second, the clear patches are barely visible to the unsuspecting eye. I wore mine out during the day, and only one of my friends noticed. Even after she noticed, she didn’t think it was a patch; she didn’t know what it was. 

The only reason I didn’t like this patch was because it hurt taking off. I commend the patches for their strength and durability. However, when it came time for me to take the patches off, I found myself developing the mindset of “rip it off like a bandaid—fast and quick.” 

Despite the small amount of discomfort when removing the patches, I found they helped quite a bit with smaller areas of breakouts, and I didn’t mind the process.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Sweet Chef Carrot Ginger + Salicylic Acid Pore Cleanser

Sweet Chef Carrot Ginger Pore Cleanser
Original photo by Cheyenne Halberg

The product comes in a 5 fluid ounce pump bottle. The pump is not difficult to squeeze, so even if your hands are wet or slippery, it is still easy to push down.

To use this product, first dampen your face. Then apply 1-2 pumps. Personally, I like to make sure I have plenty, so I found myself using 3 pumps. Gently massage onto your skin for 1 full minute. I found myself massaging each area of my face—chin/nose, cheeks, and forehead—for 30 seconds each. Simply finish the process by rinsing your face and patting it dry with a towel.

This product was my favorite out of the two products that Sweet Chef x Her Campus gave to me. It is extremely lightweight and effortless, so I don’t struggle to squeeze the pump even when my hands are wet. When the pore cleanser comes out of the bottle, it turns to foam. From the moment it touched my face, I felt like I plucked a cloud from a perfect summer day. The silky-smooth foam easily glided on and instantly refreshed my skin. Immediately after rinsing the product off, my skin felt hydrated, fresh, and plump at the same time. I have used three different pore cleansers in the past two years, and this was my favorite. I also noticed instant improvement of my small breakout areas. After a day of one morning use and one evening use, even the bigger blemishes seemed to disappear. After using Sweet Chef’s Carrot Ginger + Salicylic Acid Pore Cleanser, I will never go back to my old products.

Overall Rating: 10/10

Although Sweet Chef is relatively new to the skincare competition, if my love for their products is any indication, this company is going to become very successful. If I were you, I would go to their website and hop on this Leaping Bunny-certified company.

Cheyenne Halberg is a student at Winona State University with a major in Communication Arts and Literature Teaching. She is from the outskirts of St. Cloud, MN. Cheyenne enjoys writing to express herself and empowering others to do what they love. Her hobbies include spending time with friends and family, watching football, spending time outdoors, crafting and writing. Her life goal is to leave an impression on the next generations that allows them to embrace their unique qualities.