15 Thoughts During Finals Week Told Through Mean Girls GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Being that one of my favorite movies is Mean Girls and I am the queen of procrastination and anxiety during finals week, I decided to provide y’all with some totally realistic thoughts, followed by appropriate Mean Girls GIFs. Finals suck, but anyone can relate to Mean Girls and the infinite quotable scenes within.

Good luck on your exams, projects, presentations, speeches, etc. this week, and you’re welcome in advance for providing you with some material to feed your procrastination. :)

When you think, “Finally, no more 8 am’s to wake up for! Time to celebrate!”

But then you realize that you have 4 cumulative exams, 2 projects, and a presentation to prepare for.

When it’s time to go to the library and that means you have to put pants on.

When you think that a little retail therapy to break up the studying will help you stay sane.

When the study snacks are starting to take a toll.

But then you take a study break to go to the gym. And because it’s just another hour of putting off your work.

When you realize you haven’t showered in 3 days because you’ve been sequestered in the lib so you resort to dry shampoo.

How many Buzzfeed articles can one read before committing to a solid block of studying?

When your prof gives you the option to use a notecard for the exam. Are you gonna do it?

When you are in the lib, you’ve hit hour 6 of your nose in the books, and it’s time for that daily mental breakdown.

When the Smaug just isn’t doing it anymore for study fuel.

When that one friend wants to come and study with you but you know she’s just gonna be a nuisance.

When you leave the exam room feeling like Einstein and know you just crushed it.

But then you go on D2L and see otherwise.

And then you realize that there’s nothing you can do about it now and that you’ve got next semester to redeem yourself. Oh well.

Good luck, Warriors!

Haley Anderson graduated from Winona State University with a degree in mass communication: public relations and a minor in marketing. Haley is a firm believer that a shopping trip at Target, a peppermint mocha, and a quick stop at Chipotle can solve all of her problems. She enjoys traveling, jamming out to the newest hits on the radio with friends, trying out happy hours at local bars and restaurants, and pinning outfit ideas and dream travel destinations on Pinterest.
Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.