12 Thoughts You Have While Watching Making a Murderer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Unless you were on a deserted island over winter break, you probably heard of the hit Netflix series, Making a Murderer. You know, that one show you shamelessly binge watched for eight hours one night? No shame in my game, girl. Through frustration, hope, redemption, and the countless hours you spent staring at your screen viewing this groundbreaking documentary, we had some feelings along the way to say the least. Coincidentally, the cold winter month of January accompanied our bitter feelings as we proceeded to watch on. Today I feel obligated to share my thoughts with you, since most of us spent a portion of our winter break glued to the couch. Warning: spoilers ahead!

P.S. Dean Strang, holler at your girl.

1. Steven was exonerated from jail after 18 years spent behind bars? Okay, I can dedicate 10 episodes to him. This is my civic duty.

2. Accused again? What is justice?

3. I’m going to law school.

4. That’s it! I hate Len Kachinsky. Wipe that smile off your face.

5. Oh, hey there Dean Strang and Jerry Buting.  How you doing?

6. Wow, these defense attorneys are good.

7. Hm, that blood sample looks tampered to me.

8. So, you’re telling me the Manitowoc Sheriff Department “volunteered” to investigate the Avery residence? Hmm.

9. This girl is full of ****.

10. I’m so frustrated! #$%^!@#

11. Steve Avery got a girlfriend in jail and I can’t even get a date.

12. Ew, Ken Kratz is a perv.

So there you have it, here are some common thoughts while watching Making a Murderer. Try not to rage in too much hate regarding the U.S. Criminal Justice System.

Hanna Leadstrom is a student at Winona State University studying mass communication with an emphasis in public relations and a minor in marketing. You can often find her working out, blogging, sipping on a cup of jo and day dreaming of travel. She enjoys the little things in life and is a firm believer in a "work hard, play hard" life motto.
Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.