Life > Experiences

Cozy Apple Cider Cocktail Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

The humid summer weather is breaking, the leaves are beginning to redden, and Spirit Halloweens are signing temporary leases. The best season is upon us, and while we all have our own fall traditions, I want to share a favorite of mine: the ultimate Pinterest-worthy fall cocktail (or mocktail, if you skip the alc). This recipe derives from one my podmates and I found last year. Because we are broke college students and lacked many of the ingredients called for in the original recipe, we simplified it. The result still looked and tasted great. Yields about 10 servings. You’re welcome in advance.

Ingredients:

10 apples

1 gallon apple cider or apple juice

1 large orange, sliced

3 cinnamon sticks

1.5 cups of rum or bourbon (21+)

In a large pot, add cider/juice, orange slices, and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 1 hour (great art takes time).

Cut off the tops of the apples and dig out the insides. These will be used as cups! Eat the insides to help line your stomach for the alcohol to come, or throw them in the compost.

Add rum or bourbon (both work fine with this recipe— choose your fav) to the pot, and let it simmer for an additional 10 minutes.

Serve in the apple-cup. Make sure to eat it afterwards too— it absorbs the cinnamon and cider for a delicious fall treat!

BONUS DRINK IDEA

Fill a latex glove with water and freeze overnight in a claw shape. Put it in a bucket of punch and serve at a Halloween party for a creepy but functional decoration! To add vibes, serve in a cheap plastic cauldron.

Jordan Furtak

Williams '23

Originally from San Diego, CA, Jordan is a Junior at Williams College studying English and Political Science.