This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

For those of you who don’t know, RuPaul’s Drag Race is THE show to be watching right now. Honestly, what are you even doing if you’re not watching Drag Race? Studying? Puh-lease. 

Let me tell you a story about the first time I watched RuPaul. I was young and naive and had no clue about the world of drag outside my door when my friend introduced me to Mama Ru and trust. 

I had no clue what I was in for and it has C H A N G E D my life. So Imma ‘bout to do the same for you. 
RuPaul’s Drag Race is honestly the show of our generation — it’s won MULTIPLE Emmys: 

The show has talked about important issues around race, gender and sexual orientation: 

It’s brought us some real SICKENING looks: 

The show always comes through with historic one-liners to keep you going: 

The dance moves ALONE are worth the watch: 

AND let’s not forget the infamous DEATH DROPS: 

And at the end of every episode, we’re reminded of how important it is to love ourselves and each other: 

So, get off your butts and go watch RuPaul — trust me, you won’t be disappointed! 

Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.