What the October Harvest Full Moon in Aries Means for Your Sun Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The full moon on October 1st started the month with a bang. It brought intense feelings that we will feel throughout the month. Read on to find out how this full moon will affect you directly based on your sun sign.

Full moons occur during prominent times to align us with our true selves. They shine a light on our spectrum of energy and reveal any parts of ourselves that we may have kept hidden. Full moons differ based on the zodiac sign they are positioned in. However, regardless of your sun sign, we are all equally affected by the energy of the full moon. The full moon on October 1st  was in the sign of Aries, and as a fire sign, Aries motivates. It brings motivation and confidence, inspiring us to pursue our passions with courage and determination.

Even though the Aries full moon affects us all equally, our sun sign determines specifically which areas of our lives this full moon will influence. Here’s how it will affect each sun sign:

Aries

The full moon this month will meet Chiron (the planet affecting all aspects of wellness) in your sign, influencing your energy and causing some internal tension. This is a good time for you to complete any career goals or projects you have been working on and start to wind down. As an intense energy sign, it is often hard for you to slow things down and take a break, but now is the time to lay back and recharge your energy. This full moon gives you the chance to heal your inner self Aries, so take all your energy and channel it into loving yourself as deeply as you can.

Taurus

Taurus, this full moon provokes your desire to escape from reality. This is due to Chiron meeting the full moon in your 12th house of secrets and self-undoing. You may be emotionally overwhelmed and a little angry around this time of the month. You could be dealing with constant meltdowns after holding on to buried memories that can make you feel as if you’re stuck in the past. Let yourself breathe this month and remember that the universe wouldn’t throw anything at you that you can’t already handle.

Gemini

This Harvest Moon holds a strong focus on your friendships and social circles. If you have recently felt as if your friends have wound you up and worn you down, the full moon could bring things to a peak. If you’re stuck feeling like an outsider this month Gemini don’t worry, just remember that this is the opportunity for you to challenge anything that is preventing you from accomplishing your dreams. Re-evaluate your friendships this month and make sure they are supporting you in the right ways.

Cancer

This full moon plays a big role in your success and professional status. You tend to give your all to your career, but often it is at the cost of your own needs and wants. Now is not the time to push yourself professionally Cancer, instead, you must take a step back and reassess everything you have earned in the past couple of months. This month your emotions are also at a high, so avoid any big confrontations as you may be prompted to speak before you think. Remember that your insecurities and doubts are only emotional, they are not the truth.

Leo

Leo, the full moon this month highlights your beliefs: their power, influence and impact on your life. You may find yourself thinking deeply about existential questions. If you start feeling doubtful about the reality of your goals, remember that that is okay. This full moon is the time for you to address those doubts, find out where they stem from and make any necessary changes so you can accomplish your dreams more efficiently.

Virgo

As a sign that values things being done properly and efficiently, this full moon can make you infuriated if it reveals that your money issues have gone askew. Your understanding of debt, loss and gain shift significantly this month Virgo. Your goal this month is to focus on understanding what is truly yours and what isn’t so you can create guidelines that allow you to share properly. Use this full moon to establish strict boundaries.

Libra

Relationships are a big focus for you this month Libra. Whether it be romantic relationships or business partnerships, use the full moon to ensure that your needs are being met along with the needs of your partner. You might find certain insecurities or conflicts arising around your relationships but remember not to lose yourself because of them. You might feel frustrated by your inability to find a solution to some issues, but this full moon shines a light on your ability to compromise and make changes so you and your partner can both rise together.

Scorpio

Now is the time for you to be more efficient Scorpio. If you’ve neglected your health and well-being in the past six months, this will definitely be put in the spotlight during the full moon. Change the dynamics of your bad habits and stop procrastinating! This next month is going to bring some radical changes for you so it’s important for you to start living in the moment and embrace everything the universe throws your way.

Sagittarius

Sagittarius, this month’s full moon falls in your house of fun, creativity and romance. Use this as an opportunity to reconnect with a passion or creative work that gives you enjoyment in life. As a sign that functions with optimism, you know you can get a lot done with good results. The problem is when others rely on you to do things for them. This month brings your attraction to risk-taking down, moving you to rely on something more rational, reasonable and fulfilling.

Capricorn

Your home life is in the spotlight this full moon Capricorn. With Mars retrograde in this sector, things might not go exactly as you planned and Chiron messing with your confidence definitely won’t make things easier. Remember not to take things so seriously this month Capricorn. I know it may be hard to not be in control all the time but sometimes you just have to let things be. Trust that things will work out in the best ways possible and allow them to unfold on their own.

Aquarius

This full moon reminds you to say less and listen more Aquarius. Sometimes you have to sit tight and not make any rash decisions, but if you’re put in a situation where you find yourself negotiating something, don’t let yourself be a pushover. Stick to your boundaries while showing patience in your conversations.

Pisces

Your financial situation is highlighted this full moon. You might find that you’ve spent more than you’ve earned this month and need to take action to keep yourself afloat. As a sensitive sign you might be feeling insecure in the way others view you, but remember that you are amazing just the way you are Pisces. You have to bet on yourself this month and make moves towards achieving your dreams. Only hard work can get you to where you want to go.

This Aries full moon will bring plenty of interesting moments for everyone. Allow the energy of this full moon to move you in the right direction and align yourself with your purpose. Now is the time to pursue the things that inspire you most.

Chandni Bhatt

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chandni is a fourth-year Global Studies and Political Science student. She loves writing, reading and binge-watching Netflix tv-shows.
Chelsea Bradley

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chelsea finished her undergrad with a double major in Biology and Psychology and a minor in Criminology. She loves dogs way too much and has an unhealthy obsession with notebooks and sushi. You can find her quoting memes and listening to throwbacks in her spare - okay basically all - her time. She joined Her Campus in the Fall of 2019 as an editor, acted as one of two senior editors for the Winter 2020 semester and worked alongside Rebecca as one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2020-2021 year!