Wardrobe Essentials for Unpredictable Spring Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The best part about transitioning to spring is being able to lose that bulky winter jacket, and bringing out those adorable floral prints that you’ve been hoarding at the back of your closet. However, spring in Canada means fluctuating temperatures of freezing cold mornings and intensely hot afternoons, leaving us collegiettes in a state of clothing confusion. Here are a few wardrobe essentials that will keep you both warm and cool!

Knit Sweaters

Whether oversized or cropped, knit sweaters are super easy to layer over a printed dress or simply pair with jeans. This spring essential will keep you comfy and cozy all through the day! 

Trench Coat

Splurging on a trench coat is well worth the investment because it will spruce up any outfit. A trench coat can effortlessly make a casual outfit look sophisticated without being over the top. You can purchase these ones at American Apparel.

Black Turtleneck

A simple black turtleneck is a piece that can easily transition from day to night. Pair it with a high-waisted skirt or jeans, and dress it up with accessories.

Maxi Skirt

The exciting thing about spring is finally being able to wear skirts. You can look incredibly stylish, while also being incredibly comfortable in a flowy maxi.

Denim Jacket

Toss on a vintage Levi’s denim jacket for a more casual look. If you’re feeling crafty, you could distress your outerwear by adding rips, or sew on embroidered patches. Dilute a bit of bleach with water in a spray bottle for a DIY acid wash denim jacket.

Over the Knee Boots

You’ll look especially hot rocking these thigh highs. Not to mention that this spring trend will keep your bare legs warm on the cooler, windy nights. You can find a wide selection of over the knee boots online at Nasty Gal or ASOS.

There you have it, ladies, a few pieces you should definitely acquire for your wardrobe this spring that will keep you cozy and cool!

Fueled by coffee, books, flowers, & friends. Positive psych & vintage enthusiast. ig: @leannesaechao
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem