christian wiediger ZYLmudR28SA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
christian wiediger ZYLmudR28SA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Thoughts I Have When I See My Facebook Friends Getting Married

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

“Why is everyone getting married?”

“How do they decide who they want to be their bridesmaids? I don’t even like anyone enough to share my tacos with.  Wait. That’s because I will probably care more about Taco Tuesday than I do about my wedding.”

“I genuinely have to second guess spending the extra money on guac and they got a cake that costs hundred of dollars. Why.”

So much money…

“Does it make me a bad friend if I unfollow them on Instagram? I really do not need to see the 18th TBT of their big day.”

We get it… your photographer is a magician.

Haven’t they only known each other for one year…? That’s only 1/20th of their life.”

They are aware that over 50% of marriages end in divorce, right?

“OMG I hate that dress.”

It’s like prom all over again (and prom was only 3 years ago… it might as well be).

“Oh I hate that dress too.”

I really hope it was reasonably priced.

And then you finally see a dress you like: “Wow that dress is so beautiful… I wonder how I would look in that dress.”

*Starts to roam Pinterest and eye every dress that I could possibly ever want… and is drastically out of my price range. *

“Someone decided to actually marry that person?”

I have seen them streak after losing a game of beer pong and get kicked out of every bar in town… and now they are adulting.

“AHAHAHHAH I made out with her once.”

And I always thought she was into girls… but I guess not. *Sighs disappointingly*

“Am I going to get invited?”

On one hand, we were best friends in high school.

On the other hand, I really don’t want to go and we haven’t talked in over a year.

And sometimes I do think: “Shit they are actually really cute.”

“OMG another one? How many engagements can happen in one week?”

The classic Christmas (engagement) season.

“Damn that ring is huge”.

* Yells “BABE THIS IS THE ONE I WANT… but bigger duh” *

“I still don’t think I am old enough to get married, oh god.”

“But I guess… one day…”

Far, far, far in the future.

Danielle Bazely

Wilfrid Laurier

Fourth year Commuications major focusing in Business and Management, with an Economics minor at Wilfrid Laurier University.  Red wine lover and foodie (or excessive eater).  Type A personality with a perfectionist complex and a grammar addiction.  Can either be found in her red Jeep or at the on campus Starbucks.