Shopping via Unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Shopping via Unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Cam Morin via Unsplash
Style > Fashion

The Best Places to Shop for Fall Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

As the fall season approaches, it’s the time of year when my wardrobe shifts. It’s no longer the season for shorts, tank tops and dresses. It’s time for a little change in style. Now if you’re anything like me, you spend hours looking at inspo on Pinterest and making cute lookbooks of outfit ideas. Fall is one of my favourite seasons to create outfits for and hopefully, with some suggestions on where to find the best pieces, it can be yours as well.

Everyone knows the usual places to shop. Places like Aritzia, Urban Outfitters and Zara are some of my favourites and have great outfit options. Sometimes though, it’s nice to try out some new places to create the best fall wardrobe possible. So here are a few of my suggestions that have some really cute stuff for fall.

Dynamite

Dynamite is one of my favourite stores to shop at for fall. Lying in the mid-range for pricing, it is a great option for cute sweaters and pants. A lot of Dynamite’s clothes tend to be of a higher quality which is something I really like. It is great for clothing that you want to last more than one or two seasons.

OAK + FORT

OAK + FORT is another great option for higher-quality clothes. Their clothes tend to be on the pricier side, but they will last a long time and have that more timeless vibe. They have tons of cute jackets and sweaters for fall and are a great store to find those accent pieces to add to an outfit.

H&M

By far the cheapest option on this list and a great option if you need a lot of clothes but don’t want to spend much. Many people tend to forget or underestimate H&M, but lately, they have had some really cute clothes out that are great for creating outfits. H&M can fall under the umbrella of fast fashion; however, they do have a line of conscious-based clothing and they run a clothing buyback program for used clothes. I have gotten several pieces from H&M that I really liked.

Lioness

This website is a more recent discovery of mine. It is an Australian brand that has a ton of trendy, cute stuff. They have some of their clothes available at Urban Outfitters, however, the website has way more options for cute outfits. This website has a huge range of pricing, with some stuff on the more expensive end, but also a huge sales section and frequent website-wide sales. The only downside to this website is that they don’t have the ability to change the currency to CAD, so you need to keep the exchange rate in your head while you shop.

Uniqlo

Uniqlo is a great low-budget option for buying the basics that you need for your wardrobe. I have found so many plain t-shirts and jeans at Uniqlo that are perfect for the basic pieces of building an outfit. They are a great option if you are just getting started on building your fall wardrobe or if you just need some new base pieces for it.

Hopefully, some of these suggestions will be helpful as you create your fall wardrobe this season. Fall is one of my favourite seasons to shop for and hopefully some of these stores will help you love fall clothes as much as I do.

Allie Lancaster

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Allie is a fourth-year at Wilfrid Laurier University double majoring in Psychology and English. She loves being outside and is a huge fan of hiking, boating and skiing. Some of her other passions include reading, drawing, travelling and her puppy.