This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The new season of Bridgerton was just recently released on Netflix. I watched it in one sitting and let me tell you- I loved every minute of it. There is something about the show that just draws me in. There are so many different components and elements that make the show beautiful. 

The very first thing is the costume design. When I stare at these beautiful and delicate gowns and suits that the men and women are wearing, I wish that I was able to dress like that every day. Sure, it is extremely uncomfortable, but the effort and delicacy that was put into creating these designs is amazing. This then made me realize how unique each piece of clothing is ,and the effort that had been put into these items makes me love the historical aspect of the show that much more. 

I found, especially with season two, that I was also captivated by the soundtrack. The show does not play music from a specific era, but instead demonstrates renditions of contemporary pop music with string quartets. The soundtrack is one element of the show that heightens the experience for me. Not only does it ramp up the romance and my feel-good hormones, it is also is just always used at the perfect time. It is the perfect touch to the dramatic and special scenes. 

Then there is the architecture. I have always been obsessed with architecture since the 18th century, so it is no surprise that I love it in the show as well. The beauty of the buildings adds that element of taste and richness of exactly what high society of 18th century London would have been like if we were to ever experience it. The houses are extravagant, with tiny details like the handles on doorknobs and vinery on the sides of the buildings. Not to mention the beautiful bedrooms that these characters get to sleep in. The architecture and designs on the interior and exterior buildings adds to the entire T.V. series experience. 

Finally, the characters hold beauty within them. The wonderful thing about the series is how many different characters there are. The large Bridgerton family must have at least one character that you can relate with, and if not, there are many other characters in the show as well that have just as much to offer. From Daphne’s ambition for wanting to marry and start a family, to Eloise wanting more rights as a woman and not caring to marry into Benedict’s artsy and willful ways, there are so many characters in the show that all display different traits from one another. The characters’ uniqueness along with their likeability truly make the show one-of-a-kind. Not to mention, season two had done well with displaying diversity in their casting. 

Bridgerton offers a range of elements that create such beauty to the viewers. The planning and making of the set and costumes along with the developing of characters that are relatable but also offer growth within themselves have made the show into the success that it is today. The beauty of Bridgerton has brought the viewers into an entire world filled with drama, comedy, and romance, all while keeping the viewer wanting to know what happens next. Through all the tiny details added to the show, Bridgerton has created a world of elegance and beauty that I would love to live in. 

Ashley Ethier

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Ashley is a third year double major in Sociology and English at Wilfrid Laurier University. In her spare time she enjoys reading, walking her dogs and enjoying the simpler things in life.