This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

My favorite time of year is Christmas, not because of the gifts or good food, but because everyone always seems to be happier. The lights and Christmas spirit is what I look forward to all year. If you know me at all, you’ll know I hate receiving gifts – but giving, I’m obsessed with! A super cute gift is to fill a stocking that is personalized to who you’re giving it to, whatever size you want and with whatever you can afford. All of the things I’ve mentioned are either inexpensive or can definitely be found for lower prices. Hopefully these ideas help get you started! J

GIRLS

1. Makeup/Skincare

The best and by far the easiest gift, especially with the help of Sephora and their kits and sets made specifically for the holiday season.

2. Candles

Because they are necessary to set the winter ambiance.

3. Cute Mug

I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as owning too many mugs.

4. Phone Case

Because I promise you every girl has more than one… we like variety!

5.  Book

Because why not cuddle up beside the fire with a warm drink (in your new mug) and read something that isn’t required for school.

6. Laptop Accessories

Our technology has to be cute if we’re spending all day with it.

You can purchase it here!

7. De-stress Colouring Book

This is the newest trend and let me tell you, I understand why they’re so popular… you get so into colouring with detail your mind just erases. 

8. Fuzzy Socks/Slipper Boots

Because doesn’t everyone have cold feet in the winter?

9. Bath Bombs

Cold winter nights can only be cured with a bath, tea and a book.

10. Pompom Hat

Because these are so cute and obviously incredibly practical during our cold Canadian winters.

GUYS

1. Underwear and Socks

Duh!

2.  Water Bottle/Travel Mug

Because for whatever reason I feel like guys never have these, yet they are super useful.

3. Cord Organizers

Because there is nothing more aggravating than having to untangle cords.

You can buy these here!

4. Hand Lotion/Lip Balm

Because let’s be real, we all need it during the cold winter months.

5. Hockey Tape

Because we live in Canada, and at least one of the males in your life is bound to play hockey.

6. iTunes Gift Card

Usually I’d say to add a cute DVD, but let’s be real, everything is digital in today’s society.

7.  Tile Mate Key Finder

Need I say more?

You can buy this handy gadget here!

8. Chocolate

Because the way to a guy’s heart is through his stomach, whether brother, boyfriend, or dad.

9.  iPhone Beer Bottle Opener Case

Because he’s a guy.

You can buy this here!

10. Zippo Hand Warmer

You can buy this here!

Because this is how far technology has come for ski days. ;)

There you have it, all the gifts I’d put in stockings! Just try and remember that the holidays are all about giving, not getting, so don’t end up being greedy and Grinch-like. ;)

Zoey is a third year Honours Communications student at Wilfrid Laurier University. Besides writing for Her Campus, she is an avid planner, Netflix enthusiast and Youtube beauty video obsessed. If she’s not on campus or in her bed it's safest to assume she’s at the mall (#shopaholicprobs). Her goal after university is to obtain a position in PR or marketing!
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem