Not Just a Plastic Card: Deals Your Student Card Can Get You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Two words: student budget. If you’re anything like me, you can’t resist a good deal. After first year, I found that my student card was almost useless, because I didn’t need to go to the dining hall anymore. It turns out you can get crazy discounts, just by showing a valid post-secondary student card! Here are a few places you can get a discount when you flash that plastic card of yours.

Student Price Card (SPC) 

An SPC card will save your life. The card costs $10 to purchase, and can be bought online, or at most stores that accept SPC cards.

If you don’t have an SPC card, don’t panic; many stores and restaurants offer other deals, with no SPC card required.

FOOD

Shoeless Joe’s 

There’s nothing worse than Mondays, am I right? Shoeless Joe’s has you covered with 25% off your purchase of food on Mondays (only at participating locations).

Subway 

Receive 10% off at participating Subway locations! 

Domino’s Pizza 

Domino’s offers different deals for students every month. For those drunken nights when all you want is an extra large cheese pizza for yourself, order Domino’s. 

Bulk Barn 

Nothing gets you through hump day like some munchies. Show your student card at participating Bulk Barn locations on Wednesdays and save 10%. 

Abe Erb 

What goes up on a Saturday must come down on a Sunday, no? Try Abe Erb on Sundays and receive 20% off your food. They also offer free Wi-Fi on Sundays for students!

FASHION

Topshop 

Order your clothes online and receive 10% off your orders. You can also receive 10% off in stores, with a valid student card.

Kate Spade 

Designer bag at a not-so-designer price: students and teachers receive up to 15% off at participating Kate Spade locations. 

Roots 

“Too many sweatpants” is not a real thing. Buy all of the sweatpants that you want at Roots. Save up to 20% off regular store items and 10% on sale items (both deals cannot be combined). 

Club Monaco 

Save up to 20% both in stores, and online!

ELECTRONICS

Apple 

Students can save up to $200 on a MacBook, and up to $20 on an iPad. 

Microsoft 

If you aren’t #TeamApple, head on over to a Microsoft store for 10% off of your purchase.

TRANSIT

GO Transit 

Sign up for PRESTO card with Student Fares discount, and save up to 17% with every travel. 

Greyhound 

Students can save 10% on a regular adult one-way ticket with Greyhound.

Remember, not all locations participate in these discounts, and they can vary based on location. Happy discounting collegiettes!

I'm a lover of all things pop culture. By pop culture, I mean McDonald's and rap music. Also dogs. I love dogs.
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem