Netflix’s Queer Eye is the TV Show You Need to Binge Watch Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Okay, so I know it’s March and I know we are all busy, but I have something very important to share with you… 

You need to be watching Queer Eye on Netflix, RIGHT NOW. 

This show is literally life-changing and so binge-worthy! I watched the full first season in a day and a half. 

Just like the original 2000s show, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Netflix’s Queer Eye is an upbeat, unbelievably funny show about the Fab Five making over the lives of men. This time, though, they made a few changes fit for 2018! 

Instead of giving makeovers to straight men, they are including men of all sexual orientations, breaking down stereotypes of what a gay man has to be! 

AND the show is dedicated to promoting diversity and touching on difficult political topics –again, all with a fun and positive twist! 

But the main reason why you should be spending all of your free time watching this show is the Fab Five themselves! 

1. Antoni (Food and Wine) 

Everyone loves a man who can cook, and Antoni is that man … we think? Even though he’s in-charge of food and wine, we never see him actually cook anything. Cut up a few avocados, yes, but all-in-all I think his main job is to look really good, and he does that really well. 

Even though we don’t see him cook, he still has some shining moments in the kitchen.

2. Tan (Fashion) 

Tan is the most adorable man I’ve probably ever seen. He is such a bundle of joy and he knows how to give good fashion tips, and can make anything work. 

He also knows how to stay looking good too! 

3. Karamo (Culture)

Ugh Karamo, right? He’s basically the show’s uncertified therapist, and if you’re wondering what that has to do with culture… you’re not alone. But it doesn’t matter because his heart to hearts with their clients is really the best part of the show.  

You can watch people’s lives change before your watering eyes thanks to this man. 

4. Bobby (Design) 

Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, for some reason he’s a lot of people’s least favourite. But I have no clue why. He’s so sweet and REDECORATES FULL SPACES SO THEY LOOK COMPLETELY UNRECOGNIZABLE!! 

He’s also it really funny, too. 

5. Jonathan (Grooming) 

Jonathan is one of the more memorable of the Fab Five. His unique look and loud personality get everyone excited.

In-charge of grooming, we get to watch Jonathan transform their clients, and we even get to learn a few tips on self-care. 

So please, sit down, log into Netflix, get comfortable, and watch Queer Eye, think of it as self-care. 

Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.