This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

I like to title myself as a Netflix, Crave, and Shomi warrior, and I am a proud owner of all three accounts. The latter two are clearly not as popular; however, I definitely think they don’t get enough credit for what they offer.  As a history major and self-proclaimed nerd, Crave caters to those who enjoy the wonderful shows and documentaries brought to you by HBO and Showtime. It has specialty Shark Week episodes as well as a great collection of Comedy Network Roasts. Sometimes it feels like Shomi gets the reject series, but some binge-worthy shows do show up there such as Outlander (for the sci-fi history fan), the O.C (for the nostalgic teenager in you), New Girl, and plenty of other series.

Of course, this article is called Netflix and Chill, not Crave and Misbehave, or Shomi and Show-me! Here is a list of shows that you can access on Netflix and have new shows being released this fall.

1. Grey’s Anatomy

I cannot say I’m proud of this, but, yes, I did watch a full eleven seasons of this fantastic show this past summer. What’s outside? If you like drama, can handle a little gore, and are down to cry about once an hour, this is the show for you to binge this reading week. It is definitely an emotional roller coaster, folks. 

2. Once Upon a Time

Everyone loves a good fairytale. We all grew up with them as kids and it’s really amazing to see them woven into our everyday lives. Once Upon a Time does this really well as we see Snow White, Prince Charming, the Evil Queen, Captain Hook, and all of our favourite fantasy characters living in the real world. The last four seasons are currently up on Netflix and each episode keeps you hooked wondering what happens next. To be honest, I never thought I’d hear myself say, “I am attracted to Captain Hook”. 

3. Gotham

So far, Gotham only has one season on Netflix, and maybe it is not your number one idea of something you may find interesting. That being said, it’s got drama, romance, and crime. I don’t know about you, but that’s what I look for in my TV series to keep me from never leaving my couch and my bag of chips. In this series, we see the young Jim Gordon bloom into a hardened police officer by the city of Gotham.  My guilty pleasure is definitely character back-stories, and this series shows the audience just how the villains of Gotham became the way they are.

4.   How To Get Away With Murder

If you love Suits, this is definitely the show for you. It has the lawyer drama angle but with a little more edge. Take a step away from the corporate scene and into the more grungy defense lawyer life. Murders continuously happen in this Philadelphia university which a group of grad students and their professor work to solve. Each episode reveals new questions forcing you to immediately press the ‘next episode’ button.  Honestly, you can judge me, but I watched the first season in two days; I bet you’ll do the same. Thank you Shondaland. 

5. Vampire Diaries

So I am actually a teenage girl. I have followed this series for a long time since the vampire craze began and have stayed true to it. Although I’m not entirely sure what direction the show is going, the past five seasons pulls you through the life of a troubled teenager who happens to fall in love with two vampire brothers. Cheesy? Yes. Worth a bender? Absolutely. 

6. Reign

My inner history nerd sneaks up on me again in this back-story of Mary Queen of Scots in the sixteenth century. It is definitely more teen-oriented, but it is still a good watch from love triangles, unrequited love, war, beheading, etc. It is action packed and full of drama, and it is coming back this fall! The first two seasons will have you hooked. 

7. Mindy Project

If you haven’t already started on this, you’re missing out. It’s light hearted and full of relatable humour, and Mindy Kaling is a blast to watch. She seems to have her life together as an OBGYN, but not so much in her love life. The series follows her through the trials and tribulations of dating. 

8.  American Horror Story

With Halloween fast approaching, American Horror Story is your best bet to get into the spooky horror film mood. Although it is not for the faint of heart, as it touches on some controversial topics, it’s a great show to get into as it is an anthology series. Every season is a new story, setting a whole new cast of characters. What makes it interesting is sometimes the actors are the same but come into a new role. The first two seasons are my favorite and definitely got me into the series. Full of horrifying situations and gruesome scenes, this is definitely the show that will fulfill your need for those scary movie marathons. 

Hopefully you find something among this list that you love just as much as I do. Let’s be real, there will be no Netflix and chill. It’s Netflix and cry, and I blame you Shondaland; it’s all your fault! Happy binge-watching, collegiettes!

Meghan Roach

Wilfrid Laurier

Meghan is the President and Publisher of Wilfrid Laurier University Student Publications looking to broaden her horizons in the world of media here at Her Campus. As a recent grad, she believes she has had a good deal of experience she can share with the young women of Laurier in this time where we are all trying to learn the art of 'adulting'. She can always be found with a coffee in her hand and looking up pictures of cats and sloths.  
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem