This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

As the year goes on, more and more books are announced to be released this year. As a book lover, I can’t be any more excited for some of the books that are still yet to come out this year. So, here are some of my most anticipated reads for the rest of 2023!

Happy Place by Emily Henry

I feel like there are a lot of people that are excited about this book and honestly how could you not be? Emily Henry is truly a treasure and every single one of her books are amazing. I have high expectations for this book and I truly don’t think she’ll let me down. Fake dating while on a cottage vacation honestly sounds like the perfect combination and like a book I absolutely can’t wait to read. April 25th honestly can’t come soon enough!

Meet Me at the Lake by Carley Fortune

I really enjoyed Carley Fortune’s first book, Every Summer After, so I can’t wait to see what her second book has in store! This book seems like it follows the trope of strangers to lovers to strangers again and then back to lovers, with characters that have a ten-year age gap. I really don’t know much about this book, but I do really like the cover and I like Carley Fortune’s writing so I’m sure it’ll be a great book. Plus, it seems like it could be a fun summer read, so I definitely can’t wait to read Meet Me at the Lake when it comes out on May 2nd!

Once More with Feeling by Elissa Sussman

Funny You Should Ask by Elissa Sussman was one of my favourite reads of 2022, so I’m really looking forward to reading this one! This book is said to have a friends-to-lovers trope but also enemies-to-lovers which confuses me a bit, but I can’t wait to see how that happens, especially since they’re two of my favourite tropes! This book sounds really interesting and I can’t wait to read it on May 30th!

The List of Things by Emma Miller

I’m very excited about this book. I’ve actually already read it because I was a beta reader for it and I can honestly say that it’s one of my favourite books that I have ever read. Emma Miller’s debut novel is a college sports romance novel with fake dating and a friends-to-lovers trope that follows Bellamy Archer and Kathryn Hart as they complete a list of things that Kathryn has seen in rom-com but has never actually done. Once I started this book, I couldn’t stop! I truly can’t wait for the world to get to read this incredible book (and for me to read it again) on August 1st!

Wildfire by Hannah Grace

Icebreaker by Hannah Grace was possibly my favourite read of 2022 so I’m very excited for the second novel in the Maple Hills series, Wildfire! This book follows one already-loved character from the first book and also introduces a new character to the Maple Hills universe. I really don’t know much about this book, but I am very excited to read it and see a universe that I already love continue to grow! I’m not so patiently waiting for October 3rd!

As an avid book reader and rom-com lover, the new releases this year are looking amazing! There are so many books that I can’t wait to read as soon as they hit the shelves, but these five books have me eagerly waiting for their releases!

Kylie Squire

Wilfrid Laurier '24

Kylie is a 4th year student at WLU studying French with a minor in History. When she’s not busy studying, she loves to read, write, daydream about travelling the world and listen to One Direction on repeat.