This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Like most of the world, I’m an avid fan of The Crown but I did have some reservations about season five. That was the first season where Queen Elizabeth wasn’t treated like a main character, instead, the story followed her children and their relationships. With the sheer number of events and characters featured, I think season five was amazing in some regards but missed the mark in a few areas. So, here are some of my wishes for the newest season, off the heels of the last installment of The Crown:

Charles and Camilla

I was a Camilla-hater until I saw season five. I don’t condone cheating, but season five helped me see that neither Charles nor Camilla would’ve broken up their marriages if the Queen had allowed them to marry each other in the first place. I hope The Crown continues to strike a balance between the duality of their relationship. Are Charles and Camilla simply two people in love? Or are they the monsters that ruined the sanctity of the monarchy?

Princess Diana

I think the showrunners did a great job of highlighting just how isolating Diana’s life as a royal was. They did an even better job of portraying the severity of her eating disorder. However, by the end of the season, they show her marriage to Charles being an affair of petty squabbles and a need for revenge. In season six, now that she and Charles are divorced, I hope Diana rediscovers herself and gets back the happiness that was taken away from her, even if it’s just for a short time. I also hope they continue to highlight her social work across the globe instead of only focusing on her relationship with Dodi Fayed, even though I know that’s a relationship viewers want to see!

Diana’s Death

Since season six is supposed to end in 2005, we know it’ll feature Diana’s fatal accident. From the time of her death to the present, I don’t think we’ve ever learned how the royal family truly felt and dealt with her passing. I hope this season gives us an insight into how each of the royals perceived Diana’s death, especially her two sons. William and Harry were obviously the most hurt by their mother’s passing and I hope we get to see how the two princes may have coped with the tragedy.

William and Harry

With the recent news and media coverage surrounding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, people have gained an interesting perspective on how the two of them navigated their lives as working royals. But, with each new discovery about Harry and Meghan, the media found ways to create more rifts between Harry and his brother, Prince William. I hope season six portrays the relationship between the brothers in a more positive light, especially due to the loss of their mother. Maybe it will even change the world’s opinion of William and Harry’s relationship now.

Bhavya Jagdev

Wilfrid Laurier '25

Bhavya is a third-year BBA student at Wilfrid Laurier University. She loves to read (her favourite genres are fantasy and mystery) and spend a little too much money at Starbucks. She also enjoys travelling, spending time with her friends and family and (of course) writing.