This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Only those who have never been to IKEA don’t love IKEA. It’s one of my favourite places to go and it’s nearly impossible to leave with only the few things you intended on getting. If you’re looking for some new items to spice up your home, here are some of my favourites from IKEA.

1. The Cutest Utility Cart (RÅSKOG)

My all-time favourite IKEA purchase has got to be this little cart. It’s perfect storage for a bedroom, office or even a bathroom! I personally use it as a nightstand, as it can easily hold a power bar to plug in a lamp and a few chargers. It’s the perfect size for any room and has wheels for easy mobility. Coming in black, white and sage green, you need this cart in your life.

2. The Perfect Desk (ALEX)

I’ve had this desk for over three years now and I am still obsessed with it. Here’s a few reasons I think you’d love it. The size is perfect, and the drawers are nice and big to hold any supplies you need. The width allows you to spread yourself out and have enough room for multiple things on your desk at once. It also features a clever design in the back to hide any cables and have easy access to an outlet. If you’re in the market for a new desk, this is the one you need!

3. The Easiest Plants to Keep Up With (FEJKA)

If you’re looking to add some greenery to your room without the commitment of taking care of real plants, IKEA’s got you covered. Their artificial plants come in all shapes and sizes, including some with flowers, some without and even larger floor plants. Their prices are unbeatable, and these little pots add the perfect greenery to any room.

4. The Best Closet You’ll Ever Have (PAX)

Looking for a closet upgrade or simply need a place to store your wardrobe? Look no further. The PAX system from IKEA is one of the coolest customizable wardrobes on the market. This system offers the flexibility to create your very own wardrobe to meet all your needs. The price varies depending on the size you decide on, as well as the inclusions, but trust me, it’s worth it! Additions include shelves, mesh drawers (doubles as a laundry hamper), a clothing rack, large drawers and so much more! You won’t regret looking into the PAX system.

5. The Simplest Décor (ENRUM)

Last but certainly not least, this lantern candle holder is the most elegant yet simple décor. It easily adds ambience to a room with light from the candle. It comes in four colours, including white, black, sage green and beige. If you don’t want to spend very much on décor but need something new to add to your room, this is the one.

That sums up a few of my favourite items from the adult playground, IKEA. I’m sure I missed many crowd favourites, but I’m also sure this list will eventually change the more I visit IKEA.

Olivia Egan

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Third year Psychology student at WLU
Chelsea Bradley

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chelsea finished her undergrad with a double major in Biology and Psychology and a minor in Criminology. She loves dogs way too much and has an unhealthy obsession with notebooks and sushi. You can find her quoting memes and listening to throwbacks in her spare - okay basically all - her time. She joined Her Campus in the Fall of 2019 as an editor, acted as one of two senior editors for the Winter 2020 semester and worked alongside Rebecca as one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2020-2021 year!