This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

I think people really take for granted the meaning behind a simple Christmas card, especially in today’s day and age. I know for me personally, there are a lot of people I would want to show my appreciation for, but it’s hard to do without breaking the bank. Sending a Christmas card does that for me! It’s an easy way to be able to give to more people while still staying within budget. There are so many great cards to choose from, whether you decide to purchase them online or in-store. You could even make your own!

This year is your chance to get creative, even if you aren’t the most artistic. Christmas cards are more than just finding a card with a generic message and signing your name. For me, it’s all about creating your own cute personal message to a person and adding a few stickers or stamps to make it even more special. People love thoughtful and unique messages, so do anything you can to make your cards your own!

Setting aside time to get some cute cards done is totally worth it to give someone in your life a little joy. For me, it’s also super relaxing. It’s nice to just set some time aside, light a candle and fill out some cards. You can listen to your favourite podcast or even catch up on some lectures.

You can also take this time to get into the Christmas spirit! Nothing says Christmas quite as literally as Christmas cards.  You can play your favourite Christmas tunes or Christmas films as you get your cards all ready to send out, or maybe even write them as you wait for a fresh batch of cookies to come out of the oven.

Sending Christmas cards is a great way to brighten someone’s day. Just remember that if you do plan to send them you better start soon, as Christmas is just around the corner!

Megan Cruz

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Megan Cruz is a 4th-year film studies student at WLU. She already has a diploma from Vancouver film school for writing for Games, Television, and film. When she isn't writing she can be found in a pillow fort watching cartoons  
Chelsea Bradley

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chelsea finished her undergrad with a double major in Biology and Psychology and a minor in Criminology. She loves dogs way too much and has an unhealthy obsession with notebooks and sushi. You can find her quoting memes and listening to throwbacks in her spare - okay basically all - her time. She joined Her Campus in the Fall of 2019 as an editor, acted as one of two senior editors for the Winter 2020 semester and worked alongside Rebecca as one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2020-2021 year!