This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The days have been growing colder, the colours are turning and I’ve been in the mood to have a post-summer glow-up. The fall is a time of transition, and what better way to embrace such a season than with some spooky spirituality? Working on yourself is so much more fun when you can recharge your crystals while listening to Fleetwood Mac. As such, I’ve compiled some of my favourite witchy activities!

First off, we have arguably the most mystical ritual of them all, tarot cards! Tarot cards are a year-round thing for me, but I’ve been attempting to consistently add them to my morning routine over the past few weeks. Contrary to popular belief, they don’t predict the future (I know, surprising, right?), but they can help to guide you on your path. I like to light a candle and pull two or three cards from my deck after waking up to help set an intention for my day. Sometimes, I’ll also put out some of my prettiest crystals, just for good measure.

Alongside my tarot cards (which I admittedly don’t use every morning), I like to do a short meditation, lasting maybe five to ten minutes. I hate stereotypically rigid ideas about meditation, so I try to do something different every day. Sometimes, my confidence will be a bit low, and I’ll feel like repeating some self-love affirmations. Other times, I opt for a simple breathing exercise to narrow my focus for the day. But far more relevant to this article, I’ve also taken a liking to manifestation, which can be very useful when I want to boost my positive energy and emotions.

The law of attraction is referenced frequently in New Age spirituality and states that whatever we focus on, we attract. Obviously, such a broad statement needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but I like the principle that we’re able to bring good energy into our lives with a little bit of intention. Of course, I also like the mystical element of manifestation. The combined practices of tarot cards and meditation genuinely make me feel like an enchantress manifesting her highest self for the day ahead.

To accompany my typical spirituality practices, music is another important element that helps set the atmosphere. Folk and acoustic tunes especially suit the fall weather and add some poetic background music. As I mentioned above, Fleetwood Mac is my most recent go-to artist (listen to “Rhiannon” and “Gold Dust Woman”), alongside Joni Mitchell’s raw vocals. Pieces by Florence + the Machine and Aurora contribute wonderful feminine energy with their romantically dark pop/indie/folk songs. I recommend finding anything that makes you feel relaxed and even takes you out of your ordinary routine. I truly believe music is what elevates life into something close to otherworldly.

Last on my list of witchy pastimes: sing and dance in a field under a harvest moon. Ok, I’m (somewhat) kidding. But getting yourself out into nature at this time of year definitely gives off a magical vibe. Maybe you like to go on hikes, or you find studying outside more enjoyable. Either way, find a spot to which you can establish a connection and enjoy every aspect of it. Having a spiritual mindset can simply involve finding presence in your daily life; we’re all so busy and it can be lovely to live just for the sake of living. Embracing nature is my favourite way to do just that. I’ve yet to perform a ritual under a full moon, but for all of you potential witches out there, the next one this fall is on October 10! I think it’ll be the cherry on top of our spiritual and personal growth journey.

So, meet me under the full moon at midnight?

Natasha Shantz

Wilfrid Laurier '25

Hi! My name is Natasha and I'm a writer for Her Campus Laurier. Writing had been a home for me since I was in elementary school, typing up fantasy and fairytale novels. I like to write about a broad variety of topics, such as self-improvement, social issues, literature and pop culture. When I'm not writing or studying, you can find me dancing to music in my room, sipping coffee in a cafe, or reading a book.