This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Are you wondering how to boost your Tinder game? Maybe you’re just trying to attract the right people for you, or you’re just looking for a way to pass the time. Regardless of your goal, here are a few ways to spice up your tinder profile.

1. A Variety of Pictures

The more variation in photos you have, the greater insight people can gain about you. If you have several photos of you doing the same thing, it is hard for someone to get a sense of the type of person you are and your personality.  Remember, people are going to decide to swipe right based on a few pictures and a bio.

2. Pictures Doing Activities you Like

If you like animals, post a picture with your pet. If you like traveling, post a picture of you on your travels. If you like concerts, post a picture of you seeing your favourite band. People will get a good sense of the things you like to do. They may even like the same things as you and be able to connect better with you through mutual interests.

3. Humorous Pictures

The best way to break the ice is through humour. Posting funny pictures is a good way to start a conversation. I currently have a really bad photo of myself on my profile and it’s the #1 thing people choose to start a conversation about. It’s good to laugh at yourself!

4. Good Bio

A unique bio is a gateway to starting a conversation. For the first while that I hadTtinder, my bio was “My favourite movie is the SpongeBob Movie….message me your fav.” Then dudes would message me about their favourite movies and the conversation would progress from there.

5. Link Spotify

Linking Spotify and showing off your top artists is a great way to find people who like the same music as you. Starting a conversation about your favourite artist or band is also so much easier than small talk about work or school.

6. At Least one Solo Shot

Having pictures with other people is great, but it’s difficult to figure out which person you are if every single picture has others in it. By having one photo of just yourself, it’s easy for others to pick you out in your group shots.

Hopefully these tips will help you find people who are more suited to your taste. Though it’s a simple dating app, you never know what might come out of it!

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.