This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

I never thought I would get whisked away by the world of anime – at least not in this life. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure is one of those shows that reels you into this weird abyss of becoming addicted to anime. Muscly men with deep voices that are destined for greatness, but are they as charismatic and beguiling as the creators have made them out to be? I’ve compiled a list of characters from the JoJo anime series that will be judged based on their looks and personalities. Let’s find out if they are hot or not!

Joseph Joestar

Of the Joestars, I can say that Joseph stands out the most to me. He grows up in New York City and makes his way to Europe to fulfill his heroic destiny. He is witty, snarky, charming and, most of all, his giant build smacks you across the face in the way that only Joseph could with his powers. Joseph comes across as a douche with little to no manners but, over time, his character is exposed to the audience. We see a comical yet emotionally driven hero that, despite his faults, wins over the crowd.

This Joestar is without a doubt, a hottie!

George Joestar the First

I would let George Joestar break my heart for FREE. If you know anything about this character, you know that he could not break anyone’s heart over anything. This Joestar is an absolute gentleman and is also quite successful as he lives in a mansion with a large property alongside his family. He is a respectable man and also quite handsome! Though we don’t see much of him, George Joestar’s sweet demeanor and kind heart may have the next viewer weak in the knees. If you don’t fall for that strand of hair and deep, charming voice – I don’t know what to tell ya.

George is definitely HOT.

Jotaro Kujo

This JoJo is known for being mysterious and quiet but powerful. Throughout the show, there are several instances where we see his devoted fans following him around trying to woo him before the next girl does. Unfortunately for them, Jotaro could not care less about their attention. Brutally straight to the point with a physique for days, this noble hero makes the cut for me.

Jotaro Kujo is one mean, heart-stealing hottie.

Trish Una

Though Trish does not play much of a huge role, she does develop more as a character of her own on the sidelines. One of the few powerful females that we see in an anime of this kind, Trish’s struggle and abilities are empowering. Her story and personality go hand in hand with her beautiful pink hair and amazing looks. Despite being a side character, Trish definitely caught my eye. A little warning: the creators of this show really sexualized her. However, with or without her showing off her looks, she’s flawless.

Trish Una is a hottie for days.

Avdol Muhammad

Proclaimed fortune teller from Egypt, Avdol Muhammad is a friend of Joeseph Joestar’s. He has a deep, powerful voice and a tall, strong build with a feisty personality. In the beginning of part three, our introduction to this character was slightly spooky. Despite all of this, Avdol entices the spectators with his enchantments and righteous purpose.

Avdol is definitely hot.

Kakyoin Noriaki

This rose-haired devil definitely had me confused in the beginning, and I didn’t know if I should absolutely despise him or love him. Like many of the characters in this series, Kakyoin has his own baggage but he develops significantly throughout the show. Character development, selflessness and subtle hilarity sums up this hunk.

Mr. Noriaki is also a hottie.

Giorno Giovanna

Giorno Giovanna is reserved, passionate and determined. Despite his whacky hairstyle and interesting fashion sense, Giorno seems to be an interesting guy. Though the character is ruthless, loyal and still kind to the common man, this mafioso does not quite develop as much throughout his arc. At best, I would give Giorno a six out ten.

This JoJo is not quite a hottie.

Josuke Higashikata

This character is not technically a Joestar by name but is a Joestar by blood. We meet Josuke in part four and learn about his family history. He seems like he’s got his head on straight, and don’t get me wrong, he’s quite a nice guy. But, if you so much as spew out a single negative word about his hair, he goes NUTS. There’s just something about this Joestar that, unfortunately, does not sit well with me.

Sorry not sorry, but Josuke is not a hottie for me.

All in all, the characters in this anime are definitely breathtaking, charming and built exquisitely. I would also recommend this anime if you have never watched anime in your life. I’m not one for cartoons or 2D shows but this one had me HOOKED. Who’s to say you won’t feel the same?

Priya Butter

Wilfrid Laurier '24

Priya is a student at Wilfrid Laurier University pursuing an Honours BA in Global Studies. Along with being a writer, Priya is a passionate dancer and advocate. Check out other work by Priya by visiting thedeconstructedsociety.ca !
Rebecca is in her 5th year at Wilfrid Laurier University.  During the school year, she can be found drinking copious amounts of kombucha, watching hockey and procrastinating on Pinterest. She joined HCWLU as an editor in the Winter 2018 semester, and after serving as one of the Campus Correspondents in 2019-20, she is excited to be returning for the 2020-21 school year! she/her