Style > Beauty

Here’s How You Can Get Alix Earle’s Makeup Routine on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

As anyone who watches TikTok knows, Alix Earle is the current “it girl” and her videos are blowing up on our For You Pages. Alix has spiralled to TikTok fame with her get-ready-with-me videos and it seems the whole of TikTok has adopted her makeup routine because, duh, she looks flawless. I love Alix’s makeup and am always on the lookout for new ideas to up my getting-ready game but also a girl is on a budget. Today we are going to go through Alix’s makeup routine, what she uses and alternatives for the expensive stuff to help her look incredible without breaking the bank.

D-bronzi anti-pollution sunshine drops

Honestly, the D-bronzi drops are kind of perfect. I am a huge fan of this product. Alix starts every makeup routine with these drops and it creates a fantastic base for her makeup. Unfortunately, as this product was popular pre-Alix Earle, it has doubled in popularity and is sold out pretty much everywhere, so dupes are essential. The FLOWER Beauty Heatwave Bronzing Essence is a great dupe. You can get it here on Well.ca for $22.99.

Nars sheer glow foundation

Alix follows up with her foundation. She uses the Nars Sheer glow foundation which is a really great foundation for full-coverage makeup looks. The Nars sheer glow foundation is $61 at Sephora so a dupe is needed to stay on budget. The Maybelline Fit Me Hydrate and Smooth foundation is a great substitute and you can get it here for only $13.99 at Shoppers drug mart.

Maybelline Fit me concealer

The next step in the routine is contour and for this Alix uses a darker shade of the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. What shade you use is totally down to your own preference. The concealer is available at Shoppers Drug Mart for $12.99 and with this, you can’t get much cheaper so no dupe is needed.

Nars radiant creamy concealer

The Nars radiant creamy concealer in my personal opinion is worth the money. It is on the pricier side, it is $42 at Sephora, but I love this concealer and think it is worth it. However, I totally get it if that is not in your budget so the NYX Hd Studio Photogenic Concealer is a great dupe at only $14.49.

Huda beauty powder in pound cake

After doing her base, Alix sets all of her makeup using the Huda beauty powder in the shade pound cake. This powder is on the pricier end, it is $46 at Sephora so a great dupe to be a little more budget conscious is the Maybelline Fit Me loose finishing powder which is only $14.49.

Benefit highlighter in Tickle

At this point in the routine is when Alix does her highlight. Personally, I don’t get this part as I love doing my highlight right at the end but to each their own. Alix uses the tickle benefit highlighter which is $47 at Sephora. A much cheaper option is the Wet n Wild MegaGlo highlighter which is only $7.87.

Chantecaille Waterproof brow definer

Although I have never tried this product, I have heard great things about it. However the Chantecaille Waterproof brow definer retails at $52 and I can’t bring myself to spend that much. The e.l.f. Instant Lift Brow Pencil is much more reasonable at only $11.29.

Benefit 24-hr brow setter

After defining her brows, Alix uses the benefit 24 brow setter. Generally, this product is fairly reasonable price for $34 at Sephora as it lasts a long time. Although this is not an exact dupe, NYX The Brow Glue has a similar effect with a price tag of only $12.99.

NYX retractable eyeliner

When it comes to her eyeliner, Alix uses the white NYX retractable eyeliner which is a product I am also currently obsessed with. At $8.00, (currently on sale for $6.40!), it needs no dupe.

Tarte in bloom clay eyeshadow palette

Alix uses the In Bloom clay eyeshadow palette by Tarte next for her eyes and this palette retails for $55 from Sephora. Honestly, I think it’s a pretty great palette, you can get a lot out of it. However, a cheaper dupe for it is the NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in the shade of warm neutrals. It is only $25.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Laura Mercier blush colour infusion – in shade sangria

I love blush and the Laura Mercier one has been one of my favs long before I discovered Alix Earle. Sadly, like the D-bronzi drops, this is currently sold out everywhere, including at Sephora where it is $47. While this product is sold out, one of my favourite dupes has been the Sephora Collection Blush in the shade Date Night, which is only $19.

Kylie Bronzer – in shade tanned and gorgeous

Alix begins her bronzing next in the makeup routine using the Kylie Cosmetics pressed bronzing powder in the shade tanned and gorgeous. You can get this for $24 at Shoppers Drug Mart (cheaper than on the actual Kylie Cosmetics website). This product isn’t super expensive which is good because I haven’t been able to find any good dupes for it. Hit me up if you can find one.

L’oreal infallible foundation powder

For a little extra coverage towards the end, Alix uses the infallible foundation powder by L’Oreal. You can find it for $24.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart and honestly, this powder is a dupe for a lot of higher-end powders so there aren’t any dupes to replace this one.

Freck pen

Up next is the freck pen. Alix uses this to add a few freckles onto her nose at the end of the makeup routine. While not everyone may want the freckles look, I personally love it as my foundation covers my natural freckles, so I love adding them back in and this pen is great for that! You can get the freck pen for $37 at Sephora or a great dupe for it is this pen by Jason Wu that you can get at Shoppers Drug Mart for only $19.99.

Too faced “better than sex” mascara

I love the Better than sex mascara that Alix uses in her routine but I have always thought it was a little too expensive for a mascara. My favourite dupe to replace this one is the Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara by L’Oréal Paris which is only $18.49 at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Benefit roller lash

There is no such thing as too much mascara for our queen Alix, so she follows up with second mascara, the Benefit roller lash, for a little extra length. This mascara is $37 at Sephora but a fantastic dupe is the Covergirl clump crusher which is only $11.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Charlotte tilbury lip liner

The Charlotte Tilbury lip liner has been trending on TikTok even before Alix became popular and showed she used it. This lip liner is pretty expensive, at $30 at Sephora, but luckily there are tons of dupes. My favourite is the L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick Les Nus, which is only $10.97.

Tarte maracuja juicy lip balm

The final step in Alix’s routine is the Tarte maracuja juicy lip balm and you can find it at Sephora for $29. As we reach the end of the makeup routine, I’m sure you are reaching the end of your makeup budget so a more budget-friendly alternative to this is the $8 lip balm from e.l.f.

Hopefully, this article gives you a little help in perfecting your makeup routine just like Alix, but it is also so important to remember that just because these products work for some people doesn’t necessarily mean they work perfectly for everyone. Makeup involves a lot of trial and error before you find your perfect look, but honestly, that’s half the fun!

Allie Lancaster

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Allie is a fourth-year at Wilfrid Laurier University double majoring in Psychology and English. She loves being outside and is a huge fan of hiking, boating and skiing. Some of her other passions include reading, drawing, travelling and her puppy.