Life > Experiences

Gifts From Amazon That Won’t Break the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The holiday season is finally upon us! As exciting as the holiday season is, it can also be a stressful time. Prices keep rising and we can’t always afford to buy overly expensive gifts. It’s also finals season which means lots of stress and maybe not enough time to go around shopping to find the perfect gift for everyone in our lives. So don’t worry, I’ve done the work for you! Here is a list of over 20 gifts from Amazon that won’t break the bank and will be delivered right to your door so that you don’t need to deal with the added stress of Holiday shopping!

Moon Lamp

This gift is perfect for anyone who is fascinated with space or loves the moon (and honestly who doesn’t?). This is also the perfect addition to any room to make it more aesthetically pleasing. The best part is that it’s only $23.99!

Linked here!

Fanny Pack

Fanny packs have made their way back into style and they are also super useful. There are tons of different options on Amazon ranging in different sizes, colours and styles. However, below I linked the one that I personally like best because of the sleek look to it, but that’s just me! It’s also only $19.99 so that’s another plus!

Linked here!

Meat Thermometer

This thermometer is perfect for the cook in your life! It has a digital display, and it works quickly and is very precise. It’s also only $19.98 so you won’t have to break the bank to have a perfectly cooked steak!

Linked here!

Whiskey Stones

Do you know someone who loves whiskey? Well, this gift is perfect for them! This set includes numerous stones that will be able to keep their whiskey chilled without watering it down. It’s the perfect gift for anyone who loves a nice, chilled glass of whiskey and it’s only $12.99!

Linked here!

Wine Socks

This is for all the wine lovers in your life! These socks are cute, comfy and funny! When correctly worn, the bottom of the feet says, “If you can read this, bring me some wine!”  This gift set also includes a cute little wine stopper all for $14.99!

Linked here!

Throw Blanket

I personally absolutely adore blankets and feel like I can never have enough! This throw blanket comes in various colours and is very soft and comfortable! You can get this comfy blanket for only $23.99!

Linked here!

Hanes Crewneck

Everyone needs a simple, plain crewneck. Especially now that we’re going into the winter, sweaters have become a staple in most people’s wardrobes. These Hanes crewnecks come in over 30 colours and are priced between $14.99 – $30.00!

Linked here!

Knit Beanie

Another winter essential! These beanies are soft, and cozy and will keep you warm during the winter. There are 10 different colours with prices ranging from $16.99-$19.99.

Linked here!

Crocodile Baguette Bag

The perfect chic purse for a cheap price! It’s the perfect little purse to elevate any outfit. It’s not very big but it should be able to hold all the essentials. For only $25.99, it’s the perfect gift!

Linked here!

Wine Decanter

This is another perfect gift for all the wine lovers in your life (particularly the red wine lovers). This decanter is small and used for single glasses of wine, so they won’t need to decant the whole bottle! These mini decanters are very useful, and they only cost $20.88!

Linked here!

Burt’s Bees Gift Set

This gift set includes five essential products. There is lip balm, deep cleansing cream, hand salve, foot cream and body lotion. They’re all travel sizes, and you get them all for only $15.49!

Linked here!

Beard Grooming Kit

Do you know someone that is obsessed with their beard? I do! This kit is perfect for anyone who is obsessed with their beard and wants to grow it out more. For only $24.99 they will be very satisfied and will be content working away on their facial hair!

Linked here!

Adult Colouring Book

I personally love to colour to destress or even just for fun! Amazon has a ton of different kinds of colouring books for different cities, mandalas, celebrities (my personal favourite is the Harry Styles ones) and many more! The one that I’ve linked is a super cute animal colouring book for only $5.54!

Linked here!

Scratch Map

This is the perfect gift for anyone who loves to travel! It’s a fun way to keep track of all the countries you’ve visited and encourages you to visit more! You can get this scratch map for all the travel lovers in your life for only $19.99!

Linked here!

Mini Wireless Bluetooth Speaker

This small speaker is easy to carry around and has great sound quality. It is quick to connect to your phone and it’s perfect for any scenario. It ranges in colour and price from $20.99 to $22.99.

Linked here!

Toilet Golf

If you know anyone who spends a lot of time in the bathroom or on the golf course, this is a great gift for them! You’re able to practice your putting game while also sitting on the toilet! Honestly, what could be better? You can get this gift for only $23.95!

Linked here!

NYX Eyeshadow Palette

This is the perfect gift for all makeup users and lovers! This palette has 16 gorgeous neutral colours that can make some stunning eye looks. You can get this palette for only $19.99!

Linked here!

Tote Bag

Tote bags are always essential. They’re cute and help you carry around all your stuff. There are obviously tons of different totes on Amazon but the one that I linked below is only $13.99!

Linked here!

Magnetic False Eyelashes

This kit includes various reusable eyelashes that are applied using magnetic eyeliner. They are super easy to use, and they can be used over and over again as long as you take good care of them! This eyelash set is $18.99!

Linked here!

Timberland Wallet

This sleek bifold leather wallet comes in black and brown. It has lots of room for numerous cards, and cash and there are also two window slots. You can get this wallet for only $26.99!

Linked here!

Chunky Hoop Earrings

This set of hoop earrings is absolutely stunning. They easily elevate any outfit. They are a bit heavier than other hoop earrings because they are chunky but they’re not so heavy that they become uncomfortable. There are six different colour options, and you can get these gorgeous hoops for only $16.99!

Linked here!

New Phone, Who Dis? Family Edition

This is a fun game for the whole family! In this game one player will pick an “incoming message” from the stack of cards and the other players will need to pick what they think the best response would be from their own cards whoever comes up with the best response wins the round. This is a fun game for people of all ages and it’s only $29.93!

Linked here!

Grow a Boyfriend

This is the perfect gag gift for a friend. All they need to do is drop the product in some water and it’ll grow to six times its original size. It’s a boyfriend for only $11.14!

Linked here!

No matter who you’re shopping for this Holiday season, hopefully, there was something on this list that could be perfect for them! If not, hopefully, it can inspire you to find something similar or even add to your own wish list! Either way, hopefully, this list of over 20 items from Amazon can help you save time, money and some stress!

Kylie Squire

Wilfrid Laurier '24

Kylie is a 4th year student at WLU studying French with a minor in History. When she’s not busy studying, she loves to read, write, daydream about travelling the world and listen to One Direction on repeat.