This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

As the air starts to cool and the leaves change colours, you know that fall is just around the corner! Fall is the time for apple picking, staying warm and beautiful scenery… it’s the season of pumpkin spice lattes, the cutest fashion trends and it’s here to stay! 

A classic fall trend that never goes out of style is the blanket scarf. A stylish way to make sure you stay warm and are always picture ready. Blanket scarves come in all different colours and patterns, so there is definitely one for each and every one of you. 

Booties are a fall must-have! No matter what you are wearing, booties always have a spot in your outfit. They are super comfortable and will protect your toes from the cold! 

Another trend that will make sure you are in the fall style this year is pea coats! These cute, colourful coats can be paired with any outfit and are perfect for the in-between weather. The classic colours of brown and black are now being expanded with fun and new styles that everyone can enjoy!

Oversized sweaters are by far the comfiest fall fashion trend. Whether it be vintage or brand new — knit or wool, you can’t go wrong with big comfy sweaters! You can pair them with some leggings or jeans or even sweatpants if you’re having a really lazy day. It’s called sweater weather for a reason!

Plaid shirts are a hit during the fall as well. Looking a little country while going apple picking is one of the cutest combinations! There are so many ways to add plaid into your outfit — shirts, skirts, pants or scarf, there’s always a way to stay festive!

On to accessories — beanies and hats of any kind are some of the best for fall! They keep you warm and add a cute element to your outfit. No wardrobe is complete without a hat that you can throw on when your hair is being crazy — or any other time! ​
All things burgundy and brown! Any item of clothing you own, if it’s burgundy or brown it is sure to make your fall fashion amazing. These staple colours are a go-to in the fall season and will get you into the autumn mood! 

These style trends will never go out of style, but it is fun to add your own inspiration to all of these to make them your own! Enjoy the upcoming fall weather, remember to drink those pumpkin spice lattes and keep up with the latest trends over the next year! 

Hi, my name is Lauren Kohn and I am a second year Communication Studies student at Laurier. I love writing and giving advice to my peers as well as making new relationships!
Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.