A Canadian Winter, As Told By Kanye West

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Recently, I’ve noticed that if there are two things that everyone loves to hate, they are winter and Kanye West. If you think about it, both winter and Kanye have been in the news lately for their unpredictable behaviours. The winter weather has been changing every 5 minutes, and Kanye West has been going on Twitter rants, tweeting as if he only gets Wi-Fi for an hour a day (maybe he really does… being $53 million in debt and all). In honour of the recent release of The Life of Pablo, here are some typical Yeezy moments to help describe a Canadian winter.

Waking up and hoping the sun might actually shine…

But it’s just another day of clouds.

How ‘bout no.

Then you realize it’s -40 degrees out, and you can’t wear the outfit that you had planned, so you choose comfort over style. 

Not being cool is the new cool.

But the next day is +10 degrees outside, so you throw on a leather jacket.

Then we randomly get hit with 3 feet of snow, but you still decide to go out.

When you’re Canadian, the snow can’t stop you from having some fun.    

When you email your prof and try to convince them to cancel class…

But they don’t.

You make it through the walk to school without falling…

Only to fall in the middle of campus.

Because only Kanye can make it through winter without falling on his face.

It’s in this moment that you decide you can’t even with this weather, and you’re moving somewhere it never snows.

There you have it collegiettes; it’s pretty obvious that winter and Kanye West aren’t disappearing anytime soon. Maybe we should all learn to love them both, the same way that Kanye loves himself.

I'm a lover of all things pop culture. By pop culture, I mean McDonald's and rap music. Also dogs. I love dogs.
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem