Calling All Models: 6 Reasons Why YOU Need to Audition for WLUFLS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Calling all models! Her Campus Laurier is super excited to be collaborating with the Wilfrid Laurier Fashion & Lifestyle Society to spread the word about an amazing opportunity on November 8th, 9th, and 10th. Each year, the Fashion & Lifestyle Society sets out to search for a group of talented men and women to model in their Annual Charity Fashion Show, and that time of year has come around again. They’ve had an amazing turnout previous years and are enthusiastic to seek out fresh talent to strut their stuff at the 2016 model casting call and on their Fashion Show runway!

The 7th annual Charity Fashion Show will be taking place in March 2017, and all of the proceeds from the charity event will be donated to the Canadian Cancer Society. The outfits presented in the show have been provided by local Waterloo brands looking to support WLUFLS as well as Cancer research. For all those interested in participating in this year’s fashion show, Her Campus Laurier is here to tell you about 6 reasons why YOU should apply to model for WLUFLS!

1. Meet new friends that become a family, and are passionate about creating an amazing end of year show!

2. Build, work, and volunteer experience working in the fashion and modeling industries.

3. Add a unique new role to your co-curricular record.

4. Gain confidence, and have the chance to wear FABULOUS outfits tailored specifically for you!

5. Celebrate local stores and brands in Waterloo.

6. Most importantly, raise money and awareness for an AMAZING cause: the Canadian Cancer Society.

As stated earlier, the casting call will be taking place on November 8th, 9th, and 10th from 1:00-3:50PM in BA535! For those seeking further information, the audition will consist of a few basic questions, and then the models will be asked to demonstrate their best runway strut. Both new and returning models are welcome to apply, and ladies are asked to come prepared with a pair of heels! Absolutely no experience is necessary and honestly, who WOULDN’T want to be a model at least once in their lifetime?!

We’re looking forward to an amazing Casting Call 2016; we can’t wait to see you there, Golden Hawks! XO

Follow @wlufls on Instagram for fashion inspiration and updates about the upcoming show.

Olivia Di Pede

Wilfrid Laurier

Olivia is a fourth year English major with the Management Option at Wilfrid Laurier University and a Style Blogger for Her Campus. In her free time she can be found taking yoga classes, scavenging Sephora and creating content for her personal lifestyle blog. She is a perpetual reader, frequent dancer and lover of the sea. Follow her on instagram @oliviadipede and follow her journey at http://oliviadipede.com