Blogger Profile: Chiara Ferragni of The Blonde Salad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Chi-ar-ra? How do you even pronounce this fashion sensation’s name?  I still can’t say it properly to this day, and I have been following her style journey for almost three years now. This Italian beauty started her blog, The Blonde Salad, way back in October 2009, being one of the original core bloggers to dominate the fashion industry. Yet during this time, Ferragni was a full-time law student at Bocconi University in Italy. Eventually, Chiara found her work life balance and was able to maintain both her fashion and academic identity.

Ferrgani has collaborated with some of the greatest fashion designers in the world, but chooses to focus on her passion for women’s shoes. She started with her collaboration with Steve Madden to eventually venturing out to her own shoe line. Chiara has definitely made her mark in the fashion industry, and as a successful business mogul. With both her line and individual brand, Chiara earns about $8 million a year. The success of her brand even scored her the opportunity to attend Harvard in honour of the business students to allow them to analyze her company for a case study.

I love Chiara’s style as it emulates a calm, cool, rocker vibe with a touch of European flare. She is known for her signature blonde locks and rocking shiny lip smacked emoji shoes. Her individuality is prevalent as Chiara is always looking for something new to wear, and, if it doesn’t exist she will design or collaborate to make things happen the way she envisioned.

Chiara is definitely a go-getter. She was able to build her brand from scratch only six years ago and now it has turned into an $8 million profitable company. Her unique style identity is attributed to her 5 million followers, as she is constantly changing her looks finding a new way to express herself. Chiara is definitely an icon to look up to in the industry. Her strength and individuality is what scores her the front rows and access to some of the world’s best closets.

Who knows ladies…maybe all it takes is just a shade of blonde to change the world?

Interested? Find her here:

Website

Instagram

Facebook

Twitter

Hi I'm Kira! I am a second year communications honours student pursuing the legal studies option at Wilfrid Laurier University. Currently, I am a fashion and lifestyle journalist for Her Campus. I love anything and everything which stem in creativity, whether it be art, fashion and music (I am bias to indie rock). I am a workout junkie but still enjoy a nice big slice of chocolate cake way to often. If you want to do something adventerous and new I will be right at your side. Let's be friends and go do something crazy together, follow @kira_gelb. 
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem