This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Welcome to my 2023 bucket list that encompasses every experience or activity that I hope to complete during this year. In previous years I have completed some of the items on this adventurous list and this year I am hoping to revisit some experiences that I thoroughly enjoyed, as well as add in some once-in-a-lifetime experiences that hopefully change my outlook on life. So here it is, 23 bucket list items that will completely accentuate my 2023.

1. Take a Road Trip with Friends

May it be somewhere close or far, extravagant or minimalistic, it is all about the journey. I think a road trip could be an incredible experience and an opportunity to create long-lasting memories. Not only would it allow me to explore and relax, but it is also a great way to bond with my friends.

2. Sky Dive

The wind rushing past my face, my heart beating out of my chest and an incredible view at every angle I turn. Freefalling out of the sky at almost 200 kilometres per hour sounds like an amazing experience to me. It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I am so ready to take that leap of faith.

3. Get my Motorcycle License

I have wanted to get my motorcycle license since before I can remember. Though it may not be the most convenient vehicle for approximately 6 months of harsh weather in Canada, it seems incredibly thrilling and freeing.

4. Host a Girl’s Night

What better way is there to celebrate the amazing women in my life than to host for the night? From a fancy charcuterie board to delicious cocktails and girl talk to skincare, a girl’s night seems like the perfect way to unwind and destress.

5. Sing Karaoke

I have sung karaoke on the couch with my friends, but I  never had the guts to get up on a stage and sing in front of a group of people. It is raising the bar in terms of my comfort level and I hope to just be able to let loose and have fun.

6. Get Tattooed in a Different Country

I already have a few tattoos but one of the things I look forward to doing for the rest of my life is getting a tattoo in every country I visit. Since I plan on taking a road trip during the year anyways, I may as well get a tattoo or two along the way!

7. Run a 10K (for charity)

I still have flashbacks of three-kilometer runs in grade nine gym class, and though I never thought I would participate in a run again, I firmly believe if it is for a good cause, it is worth it. I hope to spend at least a few months training for this run and contributing to a good charity for those in need.

8. Get a Pet

I have various types of fish but this year getting another pet is on my bucket list. I am thinking of either a guinea pig, turtle or gecko, but I still have a lot of research to do!

9. Go Strawberry Picking

Picking fresh fruits and vegetables has been increasingly popular over the years. I have been apple picking and pumpkin picking, so this year the goal is to go strawberry picking from a local farm.

10. Hand out Flowers on Valentine’s Day

A few years ago, I was walking in downtown Toronto on Valentine’s Day and a random person handed me a rose. This year I hope to make people smile and feel as I did at that moment, by handing out flowers on Valentine’s Day!

11. Go on a Wine Tour

A wine tour or wine tasting is a must for this year. It would allow me to sample various wines with no commitment, as well as gain more knowledge about the flavours, textures and colours of wine.

12. Bake an Apple Pie

I have baked cupcakes, cakes, cookies and cheesecakes but never have I ever baked a pie from scratch. My grandfather loves creating and tweaking apple pie recipes, so I am anticipating this will be a great bonding experience for both of us.

13. Go to Different Sporting Events

My family and I always go to at least a few ice hockey games during the year, so this year the goal is to expand my interests and attend a professional soccer, basketball and baseball game.

14. Take Kickboxing Lessons

I have been wanting to do kickboxing lessons for years and this year I am finally making the time to take these lessons as a form of exercise and self-defense.

15. Dye my Hair

Every time I dye my hair, I feel like a brand-new person. Every couple of years I go through this cycle of doing a big chop, dyeing my hair and then growing it out depending on the seasons. I have dyed my hair red, brown and purple, so the plan is to go blue this year.

16. Try Every Cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory

There is no way I can do this in one sitting, but with such a wide range of flavours, if I am craving a fruit, chocolate, coffee or more I will always have an option.

17. Go to Michelin Star Restaurants

Toronto has various new Michelin-star restaurants so this experience will involve driving around Toronto and eating at as many of these places as I can.

18. Host Thanksgiving Dinner

I have hosted Christmas dinner, but I am not a big turkey fan, so I never thought about hosting Thanksgiving. This year though, I will be hosting a Thanksgiving filled with comfort, autumn foods like mashed potatoes and gravy as well as popular desserts such as pecan pie or cheesecake. 

19. Try all 31 Baskin Robins Ice Cream Flavours

I am going to be real. I am comfortable with what I am comfortable with when it comes to ice cream flavours, so on my bucket list, this year is to try every 31 flavours of ice cream at Baskin Robins. May it be in scoops or in between a cookie, I will try every flavour!

20. Leave a 100% Tip

Though I have left more than my standard 18 percent tip at restaurants before, this year I am eager to make someone’s day by giving an unexpected, hefty tip.

21. Go Ice Skating

Ice skating is a yearly must for me. I have been ice skating hundreds of times and this experience is on my bucket list as I hope to travel to the infamous Lake Louise in Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada with some friends to do this.

22. Do a Tarot Card Reading

I personally do not believe a woman in a flowy dress in a candlelit room can tell me everything about myself and the future by flipping over cards. However, I do believe that this experience can help me learn more about myself and facilitate deeper thinking about possible options in my future.

23. Stargaze

I have stargazed before but only ever on a small scale. This year, I hope to go to Jasper National Park in Alberta, Canada which is supposed to be one of the best places in the world to stargaze.

Thanks for reading! My bucket list represents experiences that I want to fulfill before the year ends, but many people choose to incorporate aspirations, goals or just plans to help them succeed professionally or socially. This is just the beginning of all the things I want to achieve this year, but I do know that each of these items will truly make me incredibly happy and fulfilled.  

Isha Pabla

Wilfrid Laurier '24

Writing has always been a passion of Isha's, and while pursuing a major in business and computer science, she finds it wonderful to be able to exercise her creativity and activism with Her Campus. Isha enjoys writing about social justice issues, community engagement and social wellness.