The Man of Dance Company: Andy Jamieson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wheaton chapter.
Campus leader and Dance Company Pro Andy Jamieson takes leaps inside and outside of the classroom. Andy, a Stanford, Connecticut native, is a junior at Wheaton majoring in Psychology and minoring in legal studies.

On campus he is a Senior Preceptor, a campus tour guide, member of Dance Company and Dance Collective, a Relay For Life committee member, and a PA for the College Hearing Board. How does Andy manage?

“A lot of coffee” he says, “and a really organized schedule.”

He began dancing at age 4 and it became not just a hobby, but a passion.  Andy realized he wanted to pursue dancing his freshman year of high school. He explains, “That’s when I started dancing at the pre-professional level.”

When asked about his commitment to dance after Wheaton, Andy vows, “dance will always be part of my life—but not professionally.”
Kenya is a spunky and outspoken senior at Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts. Born and raised in Harlem, New York City, she's obsessed with the fast-paced noisy neighborhood she calls home. At Wheaton she's a Sociology major with a double minor in Studio Art and Journalism. She just wrapped up her summer internship at ESSENCE Magazine where she served as the Integrated Marketing intern. On campus Kenya works at the Marshall Center for Intercultural Learning, is a resident of the Feminist perspective house and is an advocate for diversity student programing. She spent her junior year abroad in Sydney, Australia and vows to return. Kenya has an extreme love for ketchup and dreams of working in magazine publishing. She can't wait to lauch HerCampus Wheaton!