What’s In Your “Notes”?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Every couple months I look back through the “Notes” section of my I-Phone to see all the weird things I wrote down and can probably erase… for example: parts of my dreams that make no sense, packing lists, grocery lists, songs I want to download, etc… 

And tonight, while going through these messages I found a few of them to actually be quite funny… which got me thinking – I wonder what other people have hidden in their “Notes”.

So, I sent out text messages to a bunch of my friends asking the same thing: 

“Writing a new article! Plz take a screenshot of the funniest/most random “note” in your phone! (Then send it to me)” 

… And here’s what I learned. 

Some of us use Notes to make weird and unlikely future predictions…

Some of us use Notes to make future travel plans?

Some of us use Notes to remember Tinder jokes.

Some of us use Notes to try an piece together strange, fragmented, nightmares. 

Some of us use Notes to remember what beauty products we want to buy/try. 

Some of us use Notes to remember what we want for Christmas… 

Some of us use Notes for well… I’m not quite sure what this one means. 

Some of us use Notes to write down new reality show plots. 

Some of us use Notes to remember great quotes. 

Some of us use Notes to remember our friend’s favourite movies…aw!

Some of us use Notes to write poetry… beautiful. 

Some of us use Notes to write down future instagram captions. 

Some of us use Notes to write down weird shit our friends have said. 

Some of us drunkenly use Notes to remember something important, something about – nachos. 

Some of us Notes to remember how we want to begin stories we’re going to write one day.

Some of us use Notes and have no recollection why we felt the need to write this down… but for the sake of this article, are glad they did.  

Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.