The Most Unexpected Way to Beat Acne

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

You’ve tried every product under the sun to get rid of your acne- Clean and Clear, Benzagel, Clearasil, Oxy, Neutrogena, Proactiv, natural products, herbal remedies, teas, prescription pills- you name it. You’ve been to the dermatologist hundreds of times. You don’t know if it’s hormonal or bacterial. Everyone tells you it will pass, but nobody takes into account how it’s ruining your life.

I’ve been there, too. I’ve had terrible acne since I was 12. Whiteheads, blackheads, cystic acne, pimples that show up hormonally, scars- I’ve had it all. I was so depressed with my acne that I sometimes wouldn’t leave the house. I couldn’t even talk to people because I was worried that my acne would gross them out.

I stumbled across apple cider vinegar in an attempt to cure my gastritis, when I read that it has amazing detoxifying properities for weight loss- and acne.

I googled the recipe to start it immediately.

It’s been 2 years, and I am now acne-free. My face has cleared up completely; I rarely ever break out, the oil on my face has subsided, my scars are all gone, and my face glows. Apple cider vinegar saved not just my self-esteem, but my wallet. 

Here’s the recipe; it should take 2 weeks to take effect and minimum 2 months to take full effect. I reccomend Bragg’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.

Apple Cider Vinegar Toner:

1 part ACV

2 parts distilled or filtered water.

A squeeze bottle

• Wash your face with your usual cleanser. (I reccommend using a all-natural tea tree oil bar- you can find them at a health food or vitamin store)
  • Pat dry- but your face should still be a little moist.
  • Apply ACV mixture to your hands and rub it over your face until covered. It will be a bit wet. Wait for it to dry. (a few minutes)
  • Apply your moisturizer.

Warnings:

Its best to get ACV with “The Mother”- those are those brown protein strands hanging at the bottom of the bottle. Make sure that you always shake before using.

It’s vingegar, so it smells really bad, but only for a few minutes. You can also add more ACV as the months go by- some people have sensitive skin, so beware. Also, do not get it in your eyes or nose! It will burn terribly.

Good luck on your way to an acne-free life!