This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Ah, Christmas. What a joyous time of the year! Naturally, the Christmas memes have arrived and we are beyond ready for them. Or so we thought…

Maybe it’s getting older, maybe it’s spending too much time learning about how ~horrible~ the world really is, or maybe it’s just a good old case of unexpectedly transforming into the Grinch overnight, but a lot of the Christmas memes this year are wildly darker than usual. Personally, I blame the monstrosity that was 2016 for this collection of memes that will make you laugh, but also die a little bit on the inside.

But Will! Those tights make your manly legs look so fly!

Suffering doesn’t make you special!

Oh Josh, you savage!

Who needs religion in order to celebrate capitalism? We sure don’t! (And neither do the Flintstones).

Whoever said decorating for Christmas was anything other than absolutely horrible is lying or delusional.

Sorry, you sassy socialists. But on the bright side, at least you’ll get a heavily exploited red dragon for Christmas?

Becca Serena wrote for Her Campus Western (Ontario) from 2015-2018. Beginning as a general writer, she made her way to Social Media Manager in 2016 and became a Chapter Advisor of five chapters from January to April of 2017. She serves as Editor-in-Chief and Co-Campus Correspondent for the 2017-2018 term. This venue saw Serena’s passion for writing brave and controversial pieces grow as her dedication to feminism strengthened.
Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader.