This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Kylie Jenner’s Lip Kits have been blowing up since she announced them back in summer 2016. If you don’t know, the kits consist of a lip liner and matching liquid lipstick, almost always matte. And if you’ve ever tried to get your hands on one, you know that it can sometimes be next to impossible if you don’t camp out on your computer before they go on sale, all in hopes of getting a limited edition shade.

Due to the fact I self-identify as the most basic of white girls, I had to get my hands on a kit. So, I signed up for emails, got out Instagram and waited patiently for them to go on sale. The sale started and I immediately clicked “add to cart” on the shade I had already carefully selected: Koko K. A couple of weeks and $60 later, the lip kit was in my hands, and I was quickly disappointed.

Honestly, the quality of the kit is garbage. The colour smudges pretty easy, and does not last nearly as long as it should. The matte made touch ups difficult, resulting in an uneven finish. At Christmas, I thought I’d try a different shade to see if the quality had improved since the summer. Merry, a red shade, was even worse. The colour was streaky and uneven, and honestly looked gross after only an hour of wear.

The hype behind the lip kits is just not worth it. The price is also ridiculous, when you factor in shipping its $60 just for one lipstick and lip liner. Which from my experience, the lip liner runs out much faster than the lipstick. Her other products aren’t that great either. I wouldn’t dream of buying one of the eye shadow palettes, for there is only one or two colours I would actually use. One of my roommates purchased the Christmas mini set, with five mini liquid lipsticks. They definitely were MINI—they contained less than some sample sizes from other brands.

Everyone loves minis

A photo posted by Kylie Cosmetics (@kyliecosmetics) on Dec 5, 2016 at 9:30pm PST

So, I’m sorry Kylie. I feel like I’m betraying my basic nature by swearing off your products, but they’re essentially overpriced, poor quality makeup products that are only selling because your name is on them. I’m going to stick to Sephora, thank you very much.

This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.