How to Start Romanticizing Your Life in 2022

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Life can often get stressful, especially when you have so much to keep up with. Whether it’s school, work, family, relationships, or something else, it’s important to prioritize self care every now and then! The pandemic has taken its toll on many of us, both mentally and physically, so it’s crucial that we start the year off right and start romanticizing our lives! Learn to love the little things you do for yourself in order to make alone time more enjoyable! Follow along for how to start taking care of yourself more often when things get hectic.

Take yourself on a date! It might sound silly, but spending time with yourself can be fun and fulfilling! You get to choose what you do, where to go, and the activity. Go to a cute café, go on a hike, or maybe a bookstore? The options are endless and you’re likely to enjoy something you chose with your own interests in mind. Buy yourself flowers while you’re at it!

Start journaling for fun! It could be a gratitude journal, a diary, a bullet journal, etc. The point is to enjoy writing and take time to clear your head. Journaling can help reduce stress, help you stay organized, and is overall just fun! 

On another note, have a self-pamper day! Treat yourself to a relaxing day for skincare and any other form of self care you enjoy. Do your nails, lounge in comfy clothes, and watch your favourite show or movie! It’s a small act but it’s comforting knowing you’re taking care of yourself!

Picking up a hobby is another great idea! There’s tutorials on how to do practically everything online, so just pick something and start! A hobby can help bring out your creative side and force you to try something out of the ordinary for yourself. Whether it’s making TikToks of your daily outfits, learning to crochet, learning a new language, or finally making that dish you’ve always wanted to try making, this is your sign to do it! You’ll learn something new that could potentially open multiple doors for you.

Last but not least, and most importantly, the overall objective is to prioritize yourself! Cut out negativity and focus on your self worth and happiness before anything. At the end of the day, you’ll learn to find joy in the little things and you’ll be thanking yourself in the future!

Simran Khalsa

Western '24

Simran is a second year student at Western University pursuing a major in Political Science. She enjoys coffee, binging Netflix (loves New Girl), and spontaneous adventures! In her free time, she tutors elementary and high school students, likes to learn new hobbies, and she loves spending time with her family and friends. Simran is passionate about women's rights on a global scale and is excited to work alongside her peers to help empower young women through the Her Campus platform!