Haaris Ahmad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Usually, the campus celebrities we bring you are the President of any given club on campus. This week however, our campus celebrity is not only the President of MOS but is also on the executive committee of two other organizations. With so many responsibilities and titles, he is one important guy around campus! Meet Haaris Ahmad…

Tell us a little bit about yourself
My name is Haaris Ahmad, I’m Pakistani but I was raised in Dubai till I graduated from high school. I went to medical school in Riyadh for a year till I decided to do a 180 and I came here to Western to study business, going into my third year and I’ve never looked back!

Why did you decide to run for MOS president and what are your duties?
 Being a Business student I thought it wouldn’t really hurt my resume to run the Business Student Association as president! It was a challenging yet interesting year. Along with my executive team I had to organise different sorts of events for our members. We started of the year with a wine and 

cheese event for freshmen and faculty so the newbie students could get to know their business professors. We had a couple of speakers come to talk about career paths in the Canadian business sector and we even held some review sessions for some business exams! The most anticipated event however, was the annual New York trip, I got a record number of students to attend this year, it required a crazy amount of planning but was definitely worth the weekend in New York City! 

What other clubs are you involved in and what other exec positions do you hold?
 This year I also got elected for the VP operations position for the Pakistani Students Association and got appointed as the student-run university clothing store on Student Council! Definitely have my hands busy this year!

How do you make time for everything?
I’m not going to lie, I believe I took on more then I should have! There were a few weeks when all the different responsibilities fell within days of each other and those were the worst, but I learned a lot about my own capabilities and how to better handle huge workloads. Eventually I was able to juggle everything effectively! 

What positions are you planning on running for next year?
 This year I made Treasurer for Student Council but I don’t intend on going for any of the clubs’ executive teams, gotta focus on the academic side of college too for a bit!

What’s your most memorable experience at western?
 The first time I saw snow! It was a late November night and my friends hurried me out of the dorm for me to experience it. Definitely one of my fondest memories. 

HC Quiz

Relationship status?
Single
Dream date?
San Diego Zoo!
Favourite off campus location?
My special spot by the river.
Guilty Pleasure?
Hershey’s Cookies and Cream
Pet peeves?
Whining 
Dream job?
Something to do a lot with animals and very little with work 
One thing you want to do before graduating?
Tubing down the Thames!
Something about you people don’t know?
I like my boxers ironed.
If you were stranded on a desert island, you would need?
A lot of things :(
If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Controlling time. 
If you could invite anyone to dinner, who would it be?
Anyone who would do the cooking

Rida is a fourth year student at the University of Western Ontario and is extremely excited about the opportunity to bring Her Campus to London! She recently changed her major from Finance to English Literature after finally realizing what she wanted to do with her life. Having spent her whole life in the Middle East (Dubai and Saudi Arabia) Rida had no choice but to grow up a shopaholic! Having shifted from the desert to the great ice box that is Canada, she still finds it difficult to adjust to the freezing weather. In her spare time, Rida likes reading, watching way too many shows, stuffed crust pizza and,of course, shopping! Her aspirations are to one day live in Paris and be a writer for Vogue.