Goodbye Second Year MIT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Like every year, I am extremely excited for exams to be done and to go home for the summer. However, a part of me will always remember my second year at Western. From hundreds of essays to complete to laidback weekends, and to endless hours of studying, this year has really been a changer since my first year.

Throughout my first year at Western, I was really confused as to what MIT was and whether I was going to like it or not. Thankfully, it was a breeze for me. This year, however, I struggled a bit. My grades began to drop and the content was mundane and dull, yet sometimes interesting. I am now in the process of getting ready for my exams and can’t help to think about how much my perspective on things changed as this school year went by.

This year taught me how dedicated and insane we are when it comes to technology. It taught me how much has changed since the beginning of time. But most of all, it taught me that I am more than excited to go into my third year. The stress and uncertainty that I went through and overcoming those issues truly confirmed my desire to accomplish something good in the future.

The point of this piece is this:

Cherish your time at university. If you hate your program, look at the bright side of things — your perspective may always change. Think about your future. And finally, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you, MIT.

Want more HCWO? Check us out on social media!

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram

This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.