The Five Most Popular Looks of Western Homecoming

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

UWO’s favourite time of the year is fast approaching. If you’re a typical Western girl, you know that there are many preparations to be made before the dawn of September 20th, 2014. Firstly, do you have you favourite booze and Jell-O shot ingredients? Do you have your Facebook event and invite list of all the people who will be visiting and sleeping on your couch? Have you bought your pancake mix to start the morning off right? Are you stocked with an abundant supply of purple glitter? If you said yes to all of the above then you are well on your way to having a successful UWO Homecoming. But wait! You are forgetting the most crucial part of homecoming preparations: WHAT TO WEAR!

Forget the fraternity and CAISA fashion shows that happen every year; homecoming is the true moment to flaunt your unique style and fun purple creations! As a fourth year student I have seen a plethora of purple outfits over the years; however, every year, without fail, you run into the same 5 looks around campus

1. The Full Body Paint Dude: This guy goes all out in purple. Like the engineering Sophs during O-Week, he dedicates himself to a full-fledged day of purple debauchery. His dedication is to be admired because we all know that paint isn’t washing off in just one day.

2. The Tutu Wearing, Flower Headband Rocking, Rave Princess: You’ll see her skipping down Broughdale hugging every person in sight; with some sort of vodka mixture in hand, you know those white parts of her tutu aren’t staying white for much longer.

3. The Let’s-See-How-Little-Clothes-I-Can-Wear Girl: Usually consisting of a bra and sparkly purple booty shorts, you secretly envy her rockin’ bod and no-shame policy.

4. The Typical Leggings, High Socks, Birkenstocks and Football TeeProbably the most common of all looks, it also seems to be the most practical. I mean let’s get real, you need ultimate comfiness to make it through an entire day of drinking, roaming the streets and devouring as much shwarma and Little Caesar’s as possible.

5. The Homemade GeniusI’m always so impressed when people take the time to get creative and come up with their own outfit designs. From tie dying and cutting up an old shirt, to inventing a creative UWO look, the commitment is truly honourable.

Cover Image: PremierLife

Photo by Brooke Horrobin

Photo by Alexie Evans

Photo by Steph Kesler

Photo by Haley Campbell

Photo by Steph Kesler